OBD2 splitter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting a HUD and after weeks of research it just would be easier and cheaper to use a obd2 HUD on the dash between the DIC and the left pillar instead of a OEM parts build.

Now I found this online and have some questions before I go for the build

Will this interfere with the RA003b range technologies I have plugged in?

I have heard the RT RA003 can be real Temperamental sometimes, knock on wood I have had zero issues with the device

Ryan212

Reaction score
The Y cable alone will not cause an issue but depending on how the 2 devices operate, they can conflict each other. The HUD could just listen to the broadcast messages to display the speed, or it could be polling the bus in a command/response method. I would ask the manufacture if the will share how that works. The range device is likely acting like a scanool to force the ecm into 8 cylinder mode.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Y cable alone will not cause an issue but depending on how the 2 devices operate, they can conflict each other. The HUD could just listen to the broadcast messages to display the speed, or it could be polling the bus in a command/response method. I would ask the manufacture if the will share how that works. The range device is likely acting like a scanool to force the ecm into 8 cylinder mode.
Yeah that’s what I was afraid of I would rather have performance over aesthetics as in I really don’t need a HUD. Thanks for your reply

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t done a splitter yet for thethirdtwin. I do use one in thecopcar for a Range device and a Scangauge. It works well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094