OBD Bluetooth adaptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
I have just killed my third cheap OBD Bluetooth adapter. I'm not sure why but these things don't last very long when they're constantly connected. And just so you know you can connect it to your cell phone with the app called torque and you can see live readings of multiple components on our cars. I was wondering if anybody has any success stories with a certain brand or type they might have found on Amazon or Ebay. But I'm convinced they might all be the same internal parts and thus cheap. I guess I wouldn't mind looking up and paying more but knowing what I know I want to see if I can find one that will stand to the test of time!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use the elm 321, the larger one, its 7 years old now, ive left it plugged in my regal for years on end too. worked just fine in the tahoe as well.

ive heard a lot of people having some issues with them not working on their car right out the box but works on other cars they own. flat out taking a crap ive not really heard much on.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy from Amazon. u should be able to return it with out any trouble if needed

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been using the BAFX one. Connects fine with Torque. My only complaints are it's a bit large and gets in the way of the e-brake. Also I've had it vibrate loose while using on longer trips. If I had to buy again I'd go with a compact unit.

I know this is old but oh well. I didn't like the placement of mine either and bought a pigtail for $3 on Amazon and was able to tuck it up. You probably already figured this out.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obdlink xm plus here works great so far had it 6 months ..lot to learn to.. torq app.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

reedal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just purchased a BlueDrive. I can't speak on longevity yet, but it's a thousand times better than the handheld actron i've had for four years. actron didn't have much functionality. engine codes and ABS, and live data. BlueDrive does that and so much more: drivetrain codes (that pesky service 4wd message) smog check, even shows you what others have done/repaired/replaced for the same codes, recalls, service bulletins, etc... I'm pleasantly happy with that $100 spent.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Obdlink mx here. Quite happy with it
I'll add: I have torque pro and the chevrosys app. If there's any functionality you'd like me to check, shoot me a note and I'll see if my unit does it.

Edit: Durr wow. Didn't see time stamps on this thread. Carry on. Though that offer is still there for anyone curious