O9 Yukon: Need new shocks… which ones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wgburton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I’ve got a 2009 Yukon XL 4wd SLT.
I need to replace the shocks and struts. I’m getting so confused as to which ones I need and what to go with. I was leaning toward KYB monotubes, to get more stability as a whole…
Any input or feedback would be appreciated.
ED5C4828-3983-4A62-9EB0-BA9E3DCCF26B.jpeg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I’ve got a 2009 Yukon XL 4wd SLT.
I need to replace the shocks and struts. I’m getting so confused as to which ones I need and what to go with. I was leaning toward KYB monotubes, to get more stability as a whole…
Any input or feedback would be appreciated.
View attachment 369100
Your ZW7 (premium ride), 6RS, & 7RS are your suspension codes.

I recommend going to Rock Auto and find the front struts and rear shocks for those codes. I prefer Arnott or OEM.

OP
OP
W

wgburton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your ZW7 (premium ride), 6RS, & 7RS are your suspension codes.

I recommend going to Rock Auto and find the front struts and rear shocks for those codes. I prefer Arnott or OEM.
Thank you! It’s confusing to sort all this out.
I just want to get this thing smoothed out again…

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay OEM, upgrade to Bilstein, or really upgrade to Viking shocks with coilovers in the front from Atomic Fab.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced most front end parts except the coils but put in ACDelco OEM struts on the front and Bilstein 4600 shocks in the rear and while my ride is stiffer it is not soft. It's supposed to be the premium comfort ride and it is not premium comfort.. over 40 mph. It's great slower than that and most the bumps are jarring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts