O2 sensor help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody367

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Yukon 5.4l with the check engine light on. I said bank 1 down stream senor out of range. Has anyone used a o2 sensor extender to fix this? I am getting rid of it soon but need to get it inspected and was told to try one. If so where is the best place to get one and what size thread does it need to be? Thank you

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Yukon 5.4l with the check engine light on. I said bank 1 down stream senor out of range. Has anyone used a o2 sensor extender to fix this? I am getting rid of it soon but need to get it inspected and was told to try one. If so where is the best place to get one and what size thread does it need to be? Thank you
Bump!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick Google search should find them. I don't know the specifics. I'm not sure it will help though. If the sensor has failed, then it won't matter where it's located. It needs to send a specific range back to the ECM. Maybe an O2 emulator would work, but at that point/price it may make more sense to just replace it.

OP
OP
woody367

woody367

Reaction score
It needs a new CAT so it is out of range. Do not want to put anymore money into. Just need it to pass inspection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14