Now here is a fun thought - Rear Gate - Keyed lock *or* inside latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

energizedtech

Reaction score
I haven't done this yet as I'm the wheel has already been built, but here's a thought (Since my rear power locks on the gate is acting up). I wonder how hard it would be to just add in a little slider inside the gate to "Lock/Unlock" the latch.l

I know I can get "pull the plastic and fiddle" and that works, but I was thinking of something more permanent.

The other option I would love to figure out, but the trick would be getting a lock cylinder I *think* would be to drill in the gate and add a key/lock cylinder to use as a backup to the power locks.

Yes I know, I *Can* climb through the back like a kid on a treasure hunt, but just looking for something a little more civilized :)

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your effort at ingenuity and problem solving, but I'm not sure all that extra work would truly prove worthwhile. For example, I bought my Yukon new on 2/1/06, and the rear lock actuator didn't fail until June of this year (15+ years). I purchased an OEM replacement for $25 shipped on eBay and it took me about 30 minutes to install the new part. I fully expect it to give me many years of reliable operation before I run into this sort of issue again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt