Not sure if this is Mechanical/Electrical or "USER ERROR"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off subject but am I the only one seeing a red "X" at the bottom left of some members posts?

OP
OP
denalimike

denalimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope but doubelieve replied but I see nothing. Perhaps he is just following thread.

OP
OP
denalimike

denalimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my signature pics several weeks ago though.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the engine cooling fan is the clutch fan and is the only large fan on the engine. not sure what part you might be thinking of.

it also cools the ac as well as the coolant.

this vid shows it all. if its free wheeling its also bad.

OP
OP
denalimike

denalimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be high pressure switch. Easy fix and only 20 bucks. Will keep you posted. Thank!

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the a/c belt look? And better yet how does the a/c compressor clutch and coil look?

The belt or clutch may be slipping with the higher rpms?

OP
OP
denalimike

denalimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I changed the High Pressure Switch and it "kind of" worked. I took a trip that lasted about 2 1/2 hours and as the trip started, the a/c stopped like normal but we stopped at a gas station about 30 minutes in and after we started the truck back up, the AC worked fine the rest of the way. (and it was hot, like 98). Very frustrating but at least it worked for the trip. Now it works as it did before but I've noticed if the trip is more than 30 minutes, then the AC kicks back in. (or if driving surface streets)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345