NORCAL SS Kit info/tech on how to level the rear of a 2015 up GM SUV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Just curious , say stock ride quality is rated 10/10. What would you rate yours with the 2" rear kit. Mine was just installed and honestly I'd give mine now a 6/10.... it changed the ride drastically. My wife isn't going to be happy as it's her daily. Looks killer tho, did I do something wrong or am I just getting old?

Honestly ours remained 10/10. Noticed zero difference.

BigDaddyOC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if all you did was level it I can't imagine it really being noticeable. Unless...something wasn't done right. I've leveled a few trucks and SUV's, both up and down, and never noticed. its not until you go beyond a 1/3 really that you really start to notice anything in my experience. Bigger wheels make a bigger change in my opinion

blow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if all you did was level it I can't imagine it really being noticeable. Unless...something wasn't done right. I've leveled a few trucks and SUV's, both up and down, and never noticed. its not until you go beyond a 1/3 really that you really start to notice anything in my experience. Bigger wheels make a bigger change in my opinion
Would it ride bad with 26's?

Kyle Robbins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly ours remained 10/10. Noticed zero difference.

That's Crazy, i think we may have figured it out... with no air in the shocks i got a total of 2 9/16" drop... from 37 9/16" to 35". So i have to adjust the air shocks to gain up 1 1/4" to make it ride level ( i want mine at 36 1/4 in the back) I ordered the 2" spacers taking the 1" that came with the kit out. This will make me only have to ad 1/4" worth of air in the shocks to get it to 36 1/4". I think the air shocks just have too much air in them and its making it ride stiff. I will do the swap and chime back in.

Just a heads up, not that its needed because he is well known but NorcalSS communication and customer service is awesome. Top notch in my book and thats hard to find now a days.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to installing the kit...well just got around to the rear. Really considering the newer adjustable front shocks from Norcal and not install the front spindles. Here is a before and after pic. I used the 1" spacer, stock upper rubber mount and I got less than 2". Not I did use the newer sensor rods at the instructed 3" spacing but I also made marks of the stock sensor positions and after install the marks are a fraction of, maybe 1/8" so the air shocks could be holding a little more than before install

Before: 37 5/8"
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZoCJdSjKK6P-DJaxT1Y6rTwRc_BBpKtU
view

After: 36"
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-6FUdiOwE4yWNXzpXIkVz4lu28y-K5k3

well I guess I dont know how to post pics on this site

Last edited:

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy so far without any adjustments to the sensor rods. I would shooting for a 1" rake but I am happy with level. Oddly enough driver side rear was 36"/passenger side rear 36 1/8-1/4", Driver side front 36 1/8-1/4", passenger front 36"

The eye cant see the fractions but....

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only question I have right now is the additional sound I hear now from the rear. It doesnt sound like metal squeaking but I figure out if its rubber or air wooshing from the air shocks sound. I am using the stock sway bar and using the 1" spacer only with stock top rubber mount.

Anyone else using the 1" spacer and stock sway bar have any extra sound from the rear when going over bumps?

Also rechecked my sensor rod and it seems now be setting in the OEM location and I dont hear the pump running at all so I dont think the sensor rods are not int he proper length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu