NORCAL SS Custom 2/3.5-4.5 for all 2wd 2015+ GM SUV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fsuhammond

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 15 Escalade esv. I’ve read that the Burban/xl/esv should use the 1” spacer. Just wanted to clarify that is correct and does it result in a similar to full drop in the shorter version trucks? Ordering this kit very soon. I can install myself but don’t have much extra time right now, what is the price range that you guys have been paying for labor?

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
gm used 5 differetn spring rates on back of these 15 ups. This includes the ext version and regular wheel base version.

the rear set up i have will take care of any the springs gm sused and on esvs yes use the 1 inch spacer

Fsuhammond

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
gm used 5 differetn spring rates on back of these 15 ups. This includes the ext version and regular wheel base version.

the rear set up i have will take care of any the springs gm sused and on esvs yes use the 1 inch spacer

Thank you for the quick response

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes you do. Any spindle on any 2000 to 2019 4wd gm suv you need to do that.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 2WD 4WD doesn't matter, there should be no requirement for any trimming or modifying ball joint bolts, control arms, etc. for any clearance issues with the front Belltech lowering spindles in this kit?

That's incorrect, 2WD doesn't matter, 4WD you will have to trim the upper ball joint stud almost flush with the nut so it doesn't rub the 4WD boot. The reason being, the drop spindle relocates the hub 2" higher in the knuckle, so the axle moves closer to the ball joint stud and requires trimming. It's not that big a deal and I wouldn't worry about it on a lease vehicle. I would be more worried about doing all the work to lower it just to put it back to stock in 2 years, lol.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. Trimming some threads off of a bolt isn’t a big deal.

mentalmadness

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
KIT NOW FITS BOTH 2WD/4WD/AWD 15 UP GM SUVS!!!

Been doing this set up for a few months now and since I got my 2016 Escalade I did the same on it and very happy with results. I've tried other rear set ups but as always the 5305 coils do ride the best which has been proven on this forum for years and rear will not be way high like you see on the other kits out there.

My kit consists of
Belltech front drop spindles (2wd or 4wd/awd)
Rear Belltech 5305 Coils
Rear Belltech Shock Extenders
Rear 1" Spacer
My Rear Autoride Links
Rear Shorter Swaybar Endlinks
Rear Bumpstops for Free travel mod (manditory for 4.5 drop) these bumpstops attach thru existing holes on axle pad
5/8 heater hose tubing (more on that below)
$635 shipped to the lower 48 states

LINK TO PURCHASE

http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=609

View attachment 169135

View attachment 169136

So i know I am late to the show but hey im here now!!!

Is this the best kit still? I have a 15 lt with no air or mag ride(at least I think no mag)

I want 24 or maybe 26 wheels.... will they work?

Also back when I bought stuff from tony years ago for the Trailblazer it was best to do upper control arms, but in my few hours of research i havent seen one mention of this. i just picked up a new to me toy and I am ready to make her pretty.

What is the drop on the escalade tony? that isnt just 2/4 is it? also how low can I go before I lose all ride comfort and wear out the fron axles?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im.sorry been running. This kit has been working out great.

We can also set up a 3/5-6 kit.

These trucks you can do 5 and be fine. As long as you cut bracket off frane your fine

JBrianR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you guys normally add drop shocks to these kits? I know the rear uses extenders, but what about the front? Should you just replace all 4 since you are already there anyways?