Noisy Rear Air Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomustang

Reaction score
Have a 2011 Escalade with really loud rear compressor, noting else is wrong with the functionality. Do these compressors have a filter on them to keep them quiet or would the sound be coming for something else broken on the unit?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a 2011 Escalade with really loud rear compressor, noting else is wrong with the functionality. Do these compressors have a filter on them to keep them quiet or would the sound be coming for something else broken on the unit?

My guess is your compressor is shot.

Arnott and Dorman make good ones. I have also had decent luck with both but if I had to choose, I’d go with Arnott even though it costs a little more.

Pretty straight forward to replace.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They all make some noise however if it has recently become noticeably louder it may be time to think about replacing it, unless your going to tear it apart I don't think there is any way to make it any quieter.

OP
OP
T

tomustang

Reaction score
Is been like that since we bought it, approximately one year ago, it has no problem functioning, is this noisy as hell

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just started making noise. 80,000 miles. I'm sure it'll die soon. It's running more often too.

On my 2004 Yukon, it was easy to replace. I did it twice. On my 2013, I never did one before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518