Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robert cristiano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lately I am hearing a loud squeeling/screeching noise under hard acceleration only. no difference in performance,air cconditioner works fine.could be a pulley or serpintine belt? I sprayed wd40 and let it sit overnight,no difference. when I bring it in for my first free oil change soon, hopefully the dealer will know what it is and repair it.
anybody got any ideas what this noise could be? embarrassing when I go to pass some other car and this noise starts until I let off the gas.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it do it if you rev it while parked? Could be something minor such as a belt slipping under up to something detrimental such as something in the trans. Could be tiny gap or hole in the intake tract somewhere and the air being sucked in whistles as it passes through.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my guess would be the belt is slipping and wd40 probably wont help the matter, you might need a new tensioner and belt and clean all the pulleys with something some kind of degreaser or belt cleaner. my nbs used to do that when I jumped on it

OP
OP
robert cristiano

robert cristiano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have finally found the noise. It is the dual tip exhaust extension. I went back to the muffler shop who did the installation and they removed it and installed a single exhaust tip.Apparently they have received some complaints
about the noisy tip.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have finally found the noise. It is the dual tip exhaust extension. I went back to the muffler shop who did the installation and they removed it and installed a single exhaust tip.Apparently they have received some complaints
about the noisy tip.

You must've had Bubb Rubb do your exhaust

jennifer_w

Reaction score
I also found noise after install exhaust tip and then i again inform installation vendor to re-solve it as it not tolerate able for anyone.

At last got nice feedback! thanks.....

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, it all makes sense now. It’s just the tip...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh