No start no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wedge

Reaction score
You can also take out your ignition control module and take it to any of your local auto parts store and have them test it. Make sure they run the test between 3-5 times as this will heat the module up and if bad it normally fails around this number of tests.

OP
OP
G

guadapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can also take out your ignition control module and take it to any of your local auto parts store and have them test it. Make sure they run the test between 3-5 times as this will heat the module up and if bad it normally fails around this number of tests.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I just went through this. It ended up being the four wire plug in my ICM was frayed and then the distributor had a dead spot. Replaced distributor, cap, rotor, ICM and that plug and no more problems. Rock Auto had a full distributor for $68 or so.

OP
OP
G

guadapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just went through this. It ended up being the four wire plug in my ICM was frayed and then the distributor had a dead spot. Replaced distributor, cap, rotor, ICM and that plug and no more problems. Rock Auto had a full distributor for $68 or so.

Ignition control module itself or the connector was bad?

I hope my problem is same as yours..would be nice to finally have this running.

OP
OP
G

guadapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oreilys and napa told me they couldn't do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins