No start no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guadapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 96 chevy Tahoe,
I got the car for free a year ago. was told it needed a fuel pump. did that job. couldn't get the car to start. I noticed the car wasn't getting any spark. but finally got it to start. car sounded perfect, I left it on for a half hour. by next day the car wouldn't start again. I wasn't able to get it fired up again for a couple more months and same cycle happened again. left it on for a half hour, drove it around, sounded perfect. by next day wouldn't start again. Engine turns but no spark.
I appreciate the advice.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coil or distributor maybe
moisture in the distributor can cause all kinds of wierd conditions. if you open the cap do you see any green residue usually a good sign moisture is building up in there.

OP
OP
G

guadapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
coil or distributor maybe
moisture in the distributor can cause all kinds of wierd conditions. if you open the cap do you see any green residue usually a good sign moisture is building up in there.

The coil I believe I tried a new one a while back. The distributer I replaced with one from the junkyard, I believe I put cap and rotor new. Thanks

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure the battery is fully charged Ignition module near the coil and/or crank sensor. Check all your wires and and connectors to the coil and ignition module.

OP
OP
G

guadapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure the battery is fully charged Ignition module near the coil and/or crank sensor. Check all your wires and and connectors to the coil and ignition module.

I tried a brand new battery yesterday. I have tried two or 3 of both the ignition modules and crank sensors, but they were all from the junkyard.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignition switch? Might want to find a wiring diagram to test that as it's a PIA to replace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf