No start, need help, out of ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think it's your dist cap,I have had 2 go on me personally ( a little stumble cruising then just like you shut key off. no restart) and seen 3 more from friends. 3 were from "new" distributors. You might be able to flip cap over with wires still on.Look closely. This board recommended me to check cap BTW. I've also seen warped and out of round rotors twice. Which dist did you get?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since it is at TDC and are reasonably sure the engine is sound then do the plugs, coil, cap and rotor as suggested. I like spending other people's money so do a module too while in there. Hell, do the wires too. Hell, while you are at it, and this is important, do a complete oil change. You have gas in your oil from all that cranking and wet plugs.

OP
OP
M

mkingan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes i'm going get the whole thing and see what happens. Its a billet distributor. i wouldnt have notice the orange spark due to sun shining down, but yesterday when i was doing compression check and re-checked the plugs and on the spark tester , it was cloudy and thats when i noticed it.