No start issues again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Phisher

Phisher

Reaction score
Its likely going to be ALOT cheaper to fix what you have than buying another used vehicle (AKA someone elses problem they sold off).
I understand it'll be cheaper but I don't have that money I have no money at this point I have the yellow wire hooked back up I've got the pass lock to turn it off there's no security light blinking unless it's at the appropriate time the only blowing fuse was to the stereo which I've replaced so there's no blowing fuses now and I still have nothing that starts it turns over and continues to turn over I spray it with ether it doesn't even choke so at this point I don't care anymore the thing needs to be gone

OP
OP
Phisher

Phisher

Reaction score
you have to think like a blind man when telling us what the problem is OR make a video and upload it to youtube and link the video here in a post.
have you done anything that was previously suggested? like verifying the starter works? what happens when you turn the key? does the starter run when you turn the key?
let's start again right there
1. starter verified working? yes/no
2. starter runs when I turn the key? yes/no
The starter runs perfectly fine all that happens when I put the key in is it cranks over and over and over if I spray it with ether it doesn't even choke it out it just continues to turn over and over I've replaced the fuel pump I've replaced the fuel filter I've replaced the fuel relay the starter is brand new I have 12 volts going everywhere it's supposed to be I have nothing happening other than it turning over no start whatsoever I've had a mechanic come over he can't even figure it out he says sell the thing junk it stop dealing with it I've got the security light to stop blinking except when it's supposed to blink I don't know what more to do and yeah I know coming on here is like talking and describing to a blind man but this is the only option I have I cannot afford to take it to a shop which I've already done twice it's cost me over $2,000 to get it fixed for a month I can't continue just fixing it for a few days I need a running vehicle for a daily driver that's what this was supposed to be that's what I was assured I was buying when I bought it obviously once again I got duped

OP
OP
Phisher

Phisher

Reaction score
If anybody wants to call and video chat with me while I attempt to get this thing running again I'm more than happy to do that my phone number is 507-459-0912 anybody call me I don't care I appreciate all the help from you guys that you've given me

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The starter runs perfectly fine all that happens when I put the key in is it cranks over and over and over if I spray it with ether it doesn't even choke it out it just continues to turn over and over I've replaced the fuel pump I've replaced the fuel filter I've replaced the fuel relay the starter is brand new I have 12 volts going everywhere it's supposed to be I have nothing happening other than it turning over no start whatsoever I've had a mechanic come over he can't even figure it out he says sell the thing junk it stop dealing with it I've got the security light to stop blinking except when it's supposed to blink I don't know what more to do and yeah I know coming on here is like talking and describing to a blind man but this is the only option I have I cannot afford to take it to a shop which I've already done twice it's cost me over $2,000 to get it fixed for a month I can't continue just fixing it for a few days I need a running vehicle for a daily driver that's what this was supposed to be that's what I was assured I was buying when I bought it obviously once again I got duped
ok that helps, so the next thing to check is if the injectors are getting power, if not then there is a short in the harness or the ecm/pcm is commanding them off or a fuse is blown.
something of that nature.
that needs to be checked to proceed further, I would try and invest $300 in a tech2 clone before trashing a whole vehicle, you might end up needing a tech tool to find the root problem. even if saving $300 takes a while sometimes it does, being broke is expensive.

OP
OP
Phisher

Phisher

Reaction score
ok that helps, so the next thing to check is if the injectors are getting power, if not then there is a short in the harness or the ecm/pcm is commanding them off or a fuse is blown.
that needs to be checked to proceed further, I would try and invest $300 in a tech2 clone before trashing a whole vehicle, you might end up needing a tech tool to find the root problem. even if saving $300 takes a while sometimes it does, being broke is expensive.
There's absolutely no blown fuses I've pulled every one of them and the only one that was blown was the stereo which I replaced I'm not going to invest any more money into this it's going to the junkyard. 2 months ago we hooked it up to the tech two tool so that they could reprogram the passlock BS and put a new ignition in and obviously that didn't work because here we are again and I'm not going to pay to have it done for a third time it can go to the junkyard like I said that's where it belongs you know not to harp on the same subject but I'm a single dad of four who just lost his wife work on my own I can't afford this I will rather bike than put any more money into this *************

OP
OP
Phisher

Phisher

Reaction score
According to my friend who's a mechanic that put his diagnostic reader on there the BCM needs to be replaced

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's absolutely no blown fuses I've pulled every one of them and the only one that was blown was the stereo which I replaced I'm not going to invest any more money into this it's going to the junkyard. 2 months ago we hooked it up to the tech two tool so that they could reprogram the passlock BS and put a new ignition in and obviously that didn't work because here we are again and I'm not going to pay to have it done for a third time it can go to the junkyard like I said that's where it belongs you know not to harp on the same subject but I'm a single dad of four who just lost his wife work on my own I can't afford this I will rather bike than put any more money into this *************
I've been there, I have 5 kids and have spent a great deal of time with no "mom" around, I am not as broke as I used to be but I have been there as well.
not sure how it was determined the BCM needed to be replaced but if that is the case then you can get one for about $100 or less used, the catch is it will need to be programmed to the vehicle it won't just plug in and work. you would need to look at the numbers on the existing bcm and match it up with a used one.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Earlier on he had said plugs were pulled and were wet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727