No sounds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Yukon Denali - Same issue of all sound going out. After reading this forum, I tried the lock/unlock restart method described earlier after it wouldn't come back with just restarting the vehicle and IT WORKED! That was a few days ago. However, today on my commute, I noticed the sound for the signal lights and the low end speakers out (just missing deep bass). Got to my job, repeated the above steps and it came back on. Called dealer service department and they think it's a failing amp or radio. I've had this vehicle for about 1 year and this just started happening. Dealer said it will likely become more consistent until it goes out all together. Since the fix seems VERY expensive with either/both components replacement/installation, wondering if there are any further insights on this. Think the dealer service department is correct? Or is it some other problem with a different remedy... I'm hoping to renew this topic and really hoping for some perspectives. Please help with whatever you know!!! Thanks

aguilera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as an update of my case, let me tell you that I end it up in the dealer... maybe I didn't mentioned at the beginning but the navigator and sound system of my Yukon was installed by the dealer using another company when I bough the car 2 years ago....well, because the system was the problem my battery was dead 1 week later since problem arise, then dealer replaced battery and send my car to the Co. who install sound system. They say that only reset something on it and it's working right now. For me everything is fine because all was cover by factory warranty and I paid 0.00 $ .... but doesn't make a sense at all!!

Ezzzzy

Reaction score
This happened to me again today and while shutting the car off (and opening the door) and turning it back on worked I started looking further for an answer.

Found this

Instruments/Audio - No Speaker Audio/Warning Chimes
Bulletin No.: 07-08-44-008

Date: April 18, 2007

TECHNICAL

Subject:
No Audio/No Sound Heard from Radio Speakers, Turn Signals, Hazard Signals and No Warning Chimes When a Door or Liftgate is Opened (Inspect/Seat C2 Audio Amplifier Connector) Models:
2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2007 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL
with Speakers, Premium Audio w/Amplifier or Rear Stereo Audio (RPOs UQA, UQS or UK6)

Condition

Some customers may comment on one or all of the following conditions related to no audio/no sound:

No sound from one or more of the radio speakers.

No blinking sound heard form the turn signals or hazard signals when on.

No audio warning chimes heard when a door or liftgate is opened.

Cause

The C2 Audio Amplifier Connector may become unseated at the amplifier.

Correction

Inspect/Seat the C2 Audio Amplifier Connector (16-way, Black Connector).

Remove the radio, amplifier, and SIR fuses located in the Underhood Bussed Electrical Center

Visually inspect and pull on the C2 Audio Amplifier Connector (1).

If the connector is properly seated, then refer to SI for further diagnosis based on the customers condition.

If the connector is loose, then reinstall the C2 Audio Amplifier Connector.

Verify the connector is seated and locked into place.

Install the fuses.

Verify the condition has been fixed and clear any DTCs.

If securing the connector does not correct the condition, refer to SI for further diagnosis and repair.

Install the radio speaker amplifier assembly and any other components removed to gain access to the amplifier.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.gif

Charlesss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow i stumbled in this form with the same problem and hitting the eject button worked. So grateful for this forum!!!

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone figure out a fix for this issue yet? My 2009 is having the same symptoms. This happened once a few years ago when I first purchased it but hasnt happened again until just this month and its happened twice in one month. I'll have to try the eject button next time it happens but usually just turning the truck off and restarting has worked in the past. In my case the radio still has sound but no subwoofer, no turn signal noise, and no dinger from locking the doors.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone figure out a fix for this issue yet? My 2009 is having the same symptoms. This happened once a few years ago when I first purchased it but hasnt happened again until just this month and its happened twice in one month. I'll have to try the eject button next time it happens but usually just turning the truck off and restarting has worked in the past. In my case the radio still has sound but no subwoofer, no turn signal noise, and no dinger from locking the doors.
Sorry it has taken so long for someone to respond, but I just noticed your post. I didn't have this reoccur for a whole year until one month ago... now it has happened three times in the last month. I lose subs, turn signal sounds and chimes. The remedy is the same for me: turn vehicle off, get out and lock the doors, in a few minutes unlock the doors, get in and start the vehicle and it all clicks back on. Somehow this must cause the receiver to reset? On many systems, there's a tiny reset button that can be depressed with the tip of a pen or some other pointed object. Not on this Bose system! I also looked over the service note posted above indicating a possible loose cable on the amplifier. I doubt that's the case because otherwise it wouldn't reset and magically be ok for a while. Also, if the amp is failing, you'd think it would either work entirely or not work at all. Seems like it must be an issue with the receiver itself, because when it resets it's fine and everything comes back. I would also like to renew this topic. Has anyone properly diagnosed this issue? Please post for the sake of this archive. Thanks so much!

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent had it happen since I posted that in march. FYI the eject button did nothing. I agree with your assessment, doubt its a loose plug. I almost wonder if its an issue with the BCM. Alot of times when I read about weird electrical issues it ends up being a BCM issue.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had this happen to me this morning. Hoping after work when I go out it has resolved itself. I doubt it's a loose connector, but this just pushes me to replace the factory stereo which I was finally content with after 6 months of debating an upgrade. Ugh

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same exact problem on my Tahoe, only I have an aftermarket radio with the GMOS-LAN-02 module. Kept thinking it was the module, as sometimes I would disconnect it from under the dash, plug everything back and it would work. Or turning the truck off, opening the door so the radio shuts off, then give a few wacks by the cigarette lighter, then turn it back on, then works.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I resolved my issue by replacing the crappy GMOS-LAN-02 interface with the PAC OS-5. I had first bought a used Bose amp and the problem was still there. So for those that still have problems, it could be the stock radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11