No Sound From DVD Player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babyray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just bought a black 05 Tahoe LT. Coming from a Lexus is350. Needed more space for the kids. My 4 year old daughter loves the DVD player, however; it has no sound. No owner's manual with this one as I bought it at an auction. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks and I look forward to getting to know my fellow Tahoe/Yukon owners!

Last edited:

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious it worked before? Now there's no sound?
did you check the master volume settings? or I think there is a control on the unit.
This is the flip down one right?

OP
OP
B

babyray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes it is the flip down. Master volume? Where is that located. Bought the car just the other day. Have not been able to get sound from the dvd player.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Okay, I got sound from the DVD player coming from the speakers. When I pug in the headphones I get nothing. With the headphones I can listen to the radio and that's it. I would like to be able to listen to the radio through the speakers and the kids listen to the dvd player through headphones. Is this possible????

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it is possible I think there is a on/off switch where the headphones plug into to allow the radio to play, it will play only in the front while the dvd is in the headphone mode.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have my truck with me but I think you can change the source for the headphone plugs on the display in the back. Mine has wireless headphones for the DVD player.

OP
OP
B

babyray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have my truck with me but I think you can change the source for the headphone plugs on the display in the back. Mine has wireless headphones for the DVD player.

When I change the source in the rear, it does not give me the option of choosing the dvd player. It gives me XM, FM, and AM. That's it. I'll go pick up a couple of pair of wireless headphones tomorrow. Will these work on a 2005?

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Any set of GM wireless headphones from 03-06 should work with it.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my headphones are Audiovox. they came from a stereo shop where a friend works.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may want to double check with the dealer that sold the truck to you to see if they can fix it or at least help pay for the repairs (if any)

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have DEI wireless head phones in mine also got them from local mobile audio shop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh