No pressure in cooling system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradyjames

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was losing coolant too. It turned out to be leaking from the thermostat housing. I didn’t have it bolted down tight enough and I couldn’t tell when the truck was running. The engine was too hot so the coolant was evaporating before I could see it drop, barely leaving a stain on the aluminum.

I had the pressure test done with the engine cold and saw the coolant spray out of the thermostat housing. Tightened the bolts ups, re tested, problem solved. I too, was also worried about cracked heads and bad head gaskets and my truck has never over heated either.

Now the truck is holding pressure and runs strong and steady at 175k miles.

JeffL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tested it with a block tester and no issues there! The water keeps dripping tho, exhaust doesnt smell “off”. Call me paranoid but I really dont wanna taste that LOL
Dont taste it. E.C. is poison and causes organ damage. Now obviously a tip of your finger probably isn't going to make a difference. But it's still poison and a bad habbit.

JeffL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tested it with a block tester and no issues there! The water keeps dripping tho, exhaust doesnt smell “off”. Call me paranoid but I really dont wanna taste that LOL
Dont taste it, that's reckless.
Look under the throttle body, there are two small coolant lines in and out that have a tendency to leak under pressure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. Where is the heater core that serves the rear HVAC system?
the core is housed inside the vehicle behind the kick panel on the passenger rear side, it's small-just large enough for the hvac fan to push some heat out of it for the rear vents

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just because it is now holding pressure does not mean there is no leak. It may only show when hot or cold. Cardboard is a great start to set under there and see what happens. Don't assume the worst yet.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont taste it. E.C. is poison and causes organ damage. Now obviously a tip of your finger probably isn't going to make a difference. But it's still poison and a bad habbit.
There is no safe amount of Ethylene Glycol for a human to ingest and once the damage is done (hours), it is irreversible and fatal.

edward case

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dont taste it, that's reckless.
Look under the throttle body, there are two small coolant lines in and out that have a tendency to leak under pressure.
thats probably why a yukon i have filled up with coolant in oil and up out of the intake. thanks gm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues