no parking lamps, tail lights or dash lights :o

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parking lamps and tail lights + interior dash illumination lights aren't coming on.

As far as headlight switch operation goes, dome lights will come on, dome light over ride works, and head lights come on.

Have brake lights and turn signals.

Checked fuses associated with the parking lamp and illumination.

Tail lights aren't listed.

What else can I troubleshoot?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
with head switch plugged in and on all the way look for system voltage going in on red battery feed wire and going out on brown wire and dark green output wires with dimmer up but not locked on. what about when the interior dimmer is lock on, interior work? so far you are looking at a faulty head switch. oh and all exterior parking lamps are fuse #9 PARK LPS 20amp.

OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'll look into that.
I did notice that a possible security system or remote start harness wire was spliced into the brown when I checked the plug.

The interior dimmer only works when you roll it to turn on the dome lights, the dome lights come on that is the only function it gives atm.
That fuse is good....

OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran by O'Reilly on the way home and purchased a new headlight switch.
That didn't resolve the issue.

I guess next I'll locate my multi meter and repair manual and look for a problem in the wiring, will also verify power as you mentioned above.

rpm66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue right now, what did you finally do to fix the issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal