No More EGR Block Off Plates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was serious. The items in your list don't necessarily affect emissions controls. But the Feds are seriously going after people that mess with EGR. I've only seen them really go after diesel guys, but I figured I should say something. I was not trying to be a self-righteous *****, I just don't want any legal trouble for anyone on this forum.

I am sorry, I did not mean to be offensive.
No it is good that you were concerned about the wellbeing of the forum. But fun fact. Unless it has a C.A.R.B. exemption number, ANY modification can fail you at an inspection if the person wants to push the subject. Even something as simple as an aftermarket muffler, that literally has zero to do with emissions is considered tampering with exhaust emissions.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it is good that you were concerned about the wellbeing of the forum. But fun fact. Unless it has a C.A.R.B. exemption number, ANY modification can fail you at an inspection if the person wants to push the subject. Even something as simple as an aftermarket muffler, that literally has zero to do with emissions is considered tampering with exhaust emissions.
That's ONE of the many reasons I no longer live in California.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kind of funny in California. Mind you, I have not lived there in over 25 years, but I still cursorily pay attention to things there. From what I've gleaned, you can make a car more fuel efficient and produce fewer emissions, as a daily driver, and you can still fail CARB because you have changed settings. I hate that level of tyranny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh