No End in Sight for A/C Problem on 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Same scenario with a 16. Dealership charges $95 for diagnostic and s local Tire Duscounters charges $40 for the same. I’ll be there with my ride Saturday AM for the work. I won’t overpay for this issue. I have had work done by tire discounters before and was satisfied.
Work by the discounters is always hit-or-miss. I definitely would take it to someone other than a dealership to find out what the problem is and go from there. Could be something as simple as a $100 line. I'm sure he quoted you worse case scenario.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I Screwed??? Advise Needed. I am the owner of a 2015 Chevy Tahoe that I purchased used in June of last year. Love the Tahoe but I an over 70K miles and my AC started blowing hot last week. I added freon and it ran cool again for a couple of days. But now it's hot again. Did I mention i live in Florida... I also noticed a large leak stain on my garage floor, not a good sign. I called the local dealership and obviously I am over the warranty and coverage period from Chevy. I asked the guy for a ballpark and he says $1400, I almost passed out. I'm not sure what to do, i guess I'll be driving with the windows down this summer... Any advise.

Phone diagnostics? Leak of what? Where in Florida?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be the condenser mine had a crack

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Generally, a cracked condenser is an immediate leak, and adding Freon won’t last more than 15 seconds in the system.

LTahoeFL

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a solid fix for this issue? Took my Tahoe in and had a diagnostic done and added freon. Ran cool for two weeks. Now I am hot again and they have confirmed I have a leak. They are recommending replacement of the lines ($620). However, they say there may still be issues down the road and that I should really replace compressor and condensor- AC kit ($1600). Any recommendations would be appreciated....

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a solid fix for this issue? Took my Tahoe in and had a diagnostic done and added freon. Ran cool for two weeks. Now I am hot again and they have confirmed I have a leak. They are recommending replacement of the lines ($620). However, they say there may still be issues down the road and that I should really replace compressor and condensor- AC kit ($1600). Any recommendations would be appreciated....

The solid fix is to change it all out. If you're out of warranty, you're screwed pretty much.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year and miles? Evidently the condenser leak is not your typical let it all out now issue. They replaced mine and I’m cool now. Now I have asked GM to assist me with the cost since I was over the mileage threshold.

LTahoeFL

Reaction score
What year and miles? Evidently the condenser leak is not your typical let it all out now issue. They replaced mine and I’m cool now. Now I have asked GM to assist me with the cost since I was over the mileage threshold.
2015 and I'm over the mileage - 72k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts