No Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruise control light works on the steering wheel, but nothing on the dash.

I've checked the fuses. I've checked the brake lights. I've replaced the brake switch. I've read it could possibly be the clock spring, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

What else can I check?

Not sure when it went out, but I did have my transmission replaced last year... was wondering if that has anything to do with it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've checked the fuses. I've checked the brake lights. I've replaced the brake switch. I've read it could possibly be the clock spring, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

What else can I check?

Not sure when it went out, but I did have my transmission replaced last year... was wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Did you replace with a GM OE or ACDelco?

25981009 or D1539J

The computer doesn't take kindly to aftermarket parts. If the clock spring was the problem, there would not be power to the other steering wheel controls and it should throw a BCM code.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What else can I check?

any check engine light on or service suspension message?, basically any engine, powertrain problem will prevent cruise control from working

and did you start with the basics like checking the fuse?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you replace with a GM OE or ACDelco?

25981009 or D1539J

The computer doesn't take kindly to aftermarket parts. If the clock spring was the problem, there would not be power to the other steering wheel controls and it should throw a BCM code.

I'm an OEM all the way guy. Oddly enough, the CC started working last week and no problems since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts