No clock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyrocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had to disconnect battery terminal to clear check engine light after a repair. Now I don’t have a clock. Any ideas?

6393B6B0-2EBE-4757-B4BA-6FB7B970D2CA.jpeg

rdstrattan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I found a way to fix this problem but haven't tried it yet. I searched "clock" to get here, but also in the search results I found 2 posts that had an answer giving a procedure that uses a secret code to be entered. Mr T has a post "Can't set electronic clock, eh?" that has a reply where he references a youTube video "GMC Navigation Screen Menu To Fix Clock" as well a summary of video instructions that uses the secret PIN 295660. The other post "Clock Not Working" has a reply by Randy Becker that attaches a pdf file that shows the same procedure in detail using the same PIN. I will try this tomorrow and see if it works. Note that it involves entering date and time in GMT!

This works fine. I'm attaching the pdf mentioned above - thanks to Randy Becker.

Apparently there is a TSB about this somewhere, but I wonder how many dealer technicians know about this, how much cost going to a dealer and have them scratch their butts trying to fix it. A big screw up by GM if you want my opinion - no documentation in owner's manual that I can find. Make you really look forward to autonomous vehicles when we have this quality of software engineering in our vehicles. Micro version of the Boeing 737 Max problem in my opinion.

Attachments

• Radio Time Set Instructions.pdf
    544.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I found a way to fix this problem but haven't tried it yet. I searched "clock" to get here, but also in the search results I found 2 posts that had an answer giving a procedure that uses a secret code to be entered. Mr T has a post "Can't set electronic clock, eh?" that has a reply where he references a youTube video "GMC Navigation Screen Menu To Fix Clock" as well a summary of video instructions that uses the secret PIN 295660. The other post "Clock Not Working" has a reply by Randy Becker that attaches a pdf file that shows the same procedure in detail using the same PIN. I will try this tomorrow and see if it works. Note that it involves entering date and time in GMT!
yes the secret menu option will fix the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518