No air from vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you replaced the resistor assy. did you look closely at the plug terminals? Those are known to overheat and loose contact, basically burn out. Common to have to replace that connector on those.
I didn’t look too closely. I had to splice the new connector to the factory harness

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No difference between auto or manual.

If I just turn it on and leave it while I’m driving, sometimes it will come on lightly after 15-20 minutes of driving. But it’s sporadic at the very best
Was this info shared earlier in this thread and I missed it? Why share now? Why hold it back, if you did? Yes, like @tom3 said, check this and report ALL findings back.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The fact, that you get it, even at a low speed, intermittently, means that there is either a weak voltage feed or an intermittent poor connection and what @tom3 said is even more important. Are you sure that it comes on lightly or is it just air flow from an open vent?

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is definitely from the fan, not an open vent. But even at best, it’sa very weak flow from the upper vents or even the defrost

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the HVAC control out and the plugs look good, nothing burnt.

When I turn on the vents, you can hear some light buzzing of something trying to kick on, but nothing goes. And when I switch to floor or defrost you can hear the blend doors switch

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
ANY, remember, that in relay boxes there may be the exact same relay that is in there that works another circuit on the rig and can use that relay to switch and see what happens.

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANY, remember, that in relay boxes there may be the exact same relay that is in there that works another circuit on the rig and can use that relay to switch and see what happens.
40 amp blower fuse under the hood was busted. Fixed now. Thanks for your help