No air from vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 Escalade

Auto climate

Yesterday I lost all air through the front vents...top, floor and defrost. Back vents still work.

I tried to relearn it but no luck. When i turn the fan speed all the way up, there's a clicking sound coming from the dash.

Am I looking at a bad actuator?

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

I replaced the blower motor and resistor, still no airflow. The blower motor never even comes on. Luckily it’s still not very cold here but it’s coming soon.

Any ideas on my next move?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have 12v to the resistor?

Are all of the HVAC fuses good? (There may be three or more in different fuse centers) See your owner's manual for locations, in the Electrical Section.

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have 12v to the resistor?

Are all of the HVAC fuses good? (There may be three or more in different fuse centers) See your owner's manual for locations, in the Electrical Section.
I only checked the main HVAC fuse under the hood when I did the reset. I’ll look for the others

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is only one fuse for that part of the system. Fless is asking you if you have 12v going to the blower motor resistor which comes from the HVAC control head in your dash.
That I do not know actually. Just pull the HVAC control from the dash and check?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Your control head controls power feed to the resistor, from the head/switch itself. If you are not getting 12 volts at the resistor, it has no chance to tell that damn blower to.........well blow. Easy to check to even see if anything is there with a 12 volt test light and/or with a DVOM. Does it make a difference if you use AUTO or MANUAL control mode?

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your control head controls power feed to the resistor, from the head/switch itself. If you are not getting 12 volts at the resistor, it has no chance to tell that damn blower to.........well blow. Easy to check to even see if anything is there with a 12 volt test light and/or with a DVOM. Does it make a difference if you use AUTO or MANUAL control mode?
No difference between auto or manual.

If I just turn it on and leave it while I’m driving, sometimes it will come on lightly after 15-20 minutes of driving. But it’s sporadic at the very best

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you replaced the resistor assy. did you look closely at the plug terminals? Those are known to overheat and loose contact, basically burn out. Common to have to replace that connector on those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat