NO AIR coming out of vents (ac/heat)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbluemke

Reaction score
I am ridiculously frustrated right now. I have enough going in with this truck and my fn life. I'm about to lose it.

Among my many other 2007 denali issues...... NOW, no air is blowing out (no AC, NO HEAT.....nothing at all).

Does anyone know what the issue might be. How hard is it to fix, etc etc. (Have a power steering leak but just topped it off, the temp gage is fine). My step sons went to use it yesterday and WALLAH..... no air when I use it today.

I'm about to freaking lose it.

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
No fans running AT ALL.

I havent checked the rear AC. (What does it mean if it is and/or isn't?)

And I havrnt checked the fuses (you dont by any chance know which one(s) it might be? I'm at work (and was on break at the time sweating my @ss off)

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
If the rear is working and the front is not then you might be able to isolate your search on just the front fuse, circuits or motor if both are not working then it might be something that is controlling both units.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but, I am not sure which fuse box they are in there is a fuse box by the driver door and one under the hood. I think the fuses are labeled on the fuse covers.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have automatic climate control (Digital readout for temp settings) and all fuses are good then your resistor module for the fan likely went out. It is underneath your glove compartment in the air duct. You will see it immediately when you drop the plastic cover down from underneath the dash passenger side. It will have a wiring harnes plug into it and then a 2 wire harness running over to the blower fan. Could also just be a bad blower fan too.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once you have access to the blower motor connector you can apply fused 12vDC to the connections to see if it runs.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No fans running AT ALL.

I havent checked the rear AC. (What does it mean if it is and/or isn't?)

And I havrnt checked the fuses (you dont by any chance know which one(s) it might be? I'm at work (and was on break at the time sweating my @ss off)

Underhood fuse block, check J-case fuse #73. And download the owner's manual from GM's web site.

1654044742792.png

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
Yes, my rear seems to be working (not much cool air but it blows).

What types of fuses do i need when I try to replace these fuses?

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
And how hard (and expensive) are the resistor module and the fan blower motor ?

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
And when I check if a fuse is bad..... It will have a broken connector wire, correct? Or is there more to it? Sorry, I'm not that experienced

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep