No A/C (pics included) 06 Denali XL 6.0L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the cheap Walmart gauge told me it was full. So I didn't add any. Earlier I checked the condenser and it felt cold, but after 2 minutes it heated right up. So my system doesn't leak, something simply isn't working properly.

View attachment 202712 View attachment 202713

Well what you’re pointing at is the accumulator and that lil fella should most definitely NOT be anywhere close to 100 degrees unless your system is not even on and that’s ambient temp.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Well the cheap Walmart gauge told me it was full. So I didn't add any. Earlier I checked the condenser and it felt cold, but after 2 minutes it heated right up. So my system doesn't leak, something simply isn't working properly.

View attachment 202712 View attachment 202713

That’s just a lo side. With a good gauge set you can see what the readings are with the system running. What about high side? If you had to add 2 cans as stated, there’s a leak. If there’s no leak, then you overcharged it. There’s multiple reasons why ac won’t work. Electrical problem like relay, pressure sensor, compressor coil, faulty hvac control unit
Mechanical, compressor clutch, seizing compressor.

RonnieMc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope it's not like my 2005 Yukon XL Denali that I bought here in KY about a year ago as a local trade in. I didn't do enough research on the VIN to find out it was bought and spent most of it's life in PA. My air went out and I took it to a racing buddy of my that has a complete shop that he owns and he checked it out with the leak detector and found the rear evaporator coil was bad and the line going to it had completely corroded in two. To replace the line, the body has to be raised up. He talked with a GM engineer that as soon as he described the problem said the car had come from up north with the road salt eating the lines up. He also said that GM had a problem with the blower motor in the rear blowing brass particles ( a brass bushing for the motor ? ) into the aluminum core reacting to cause failure. I'm still waiting to get it back.

OP
OP
h2osho

h2osho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after trying numerous things and finding a good video on Youtube about resetting your AC (pulling the fuse and other things), nothing worked. I've been messing around with trading in the Black Beast, and I finally did it. Thanks to everyone who helped with an idea, but the ride is gone. I picked up a 2012 GMC Acadia Denali, and now another chapter in my long line of GMC products.acadia.jpg

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after trying numerous things and finding a good video on Youtube about resetting your AC (pulling the fuse and other things), nothing worked. I've been messing around with trading in the Black Beast, and I finally did it. Thanks to everyone who helped with an idea, but the ride is gone. I picked up a 2012 GMC Acadia Denali, and now another chapter in my long line of GMC products.View attachment 202824

I hate to say it BUT those year gm’s are prone to having condenser problems. 12-15ish gm’s trucks and suvs those condenser blow out approx 30-50k miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu