No “ready” response when trying to pair to bluetooth.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Is the indicator light on your Onstar red or green?

Can you reach the OnStar Consergie rep by pressing the blue button?

Can you reach an emergency rep by hitting the red button?

BT is in the OnStar module so if you’re experiencing problems with the first three basic operations then BT is likely dead too. The cure if the module won’t respond is to call your dealer and speak to the service dept.

Tell the service dept the previous owner already had it serviced and the module was condemned but not replaced. Ask for a replacement quote. It will include the cost of at least one year OnStar, some free minutes, a phone number for the truck and a new module.

The cost of the OnStar service will pretty much wash out the replacement cost of the module. The side effect will be that your BT will work and you”ll avoid additional dealer diagnostic time for for condemning the module.

There were a few batches of malfunctioning OnStar modules. I’m not sure if there are any TSB issued regarding them.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I connected to the truck with my Tech2 last night. I was able to find the VCIM in the body menu and attempted tp do some test operations on the module. I tried every option and was met with a no comm message for every one. Seems like the module is dead. I was unable to find a listing for a fuse related to the VCIM. I guess I would need to replace it if I want bluetooth to work for calls.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I connected to the truck with my Tech2 last night. I was able to find the VCIM in the body menu and attempted tp do some test operations on the module. I tried every option and was met with a no comm message for every one. Seems like the module is dead. I was unable to find a listing for a fuse related to the VCIM. I guess I would need to replace it if I want bluetooth to work for calls.

Try the driver's side fusebox, #22.

upload_2020-12-1_15-17-13.png

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder why it’s missing. Was someone paranoid that big brother was watching? All seems good so far. It disconnects when I turn the truck off. And connects automatically when I start it up all be it too slow.
Sounds like it’s working just like our 2013 Denali. Enjoy.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Makes me wonder why it’s missing. Was someone paranoid that big brother was watching? All seems good so far. It disconnects when I turn the truck off. And connects automatically when I start it up all be it too slow.

Maybe watch for a parasitic draw, in case that's why it was removed.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Maybe watch for a parasitic draw, in case that's why it was removed.
That was my suspicion. I read about the module staying active. Guys notice because their Bluetooth would connect long after the truck was off.

I wonder if I can look at the current draw from the battery with the tech2 and then pull the fuse to see if it changes?

Edit: Dumbass forgot I would have to have the key on to read it with the Tech2 so the module would be live anyway. Nevermind.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts