Nivomat shocks - totally worn out @100k miles (G65 / ZW7)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to replace my rear shocks, at first i thought the sluggish suspension is normal by American cars, but later on, i had the feeling this isn't normal.

So i ordered from rockauto a pair of coil springs (Moog 81071) and two new nivomat shock absorbers (ACdelco 580-354). Let me tell you, what a difference is that!

First of all i think it's insane that rear shocks only last about 100k miles, so for all the owners of a Tahoe with the towing package / smooth ride (see you glove box for the numbers: G65 and ZW7)
Let you rear shocks inspected by a mechanic, pull them out and check for any resistance.

My old ones, had no resistance or what so ever. I could easily pull and push them with my bare hands.

Those are the new ones:
InkedBestand_000_LI.jpg

Bestand_001.jpeg

And these are the old ones...
Bestand_003.jpeg

Bestand_002.jpeg

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you replaced the shocks with nivomat kind again, why did you replace the coil springs?

Mine has 115k on it and my rear nivomat shocks are still working great, and I have towed a lot of stuff and some really heavy stuff with it. Still levels back to correct ride height. Love mine

OP
OP
H

Hermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, the reason why i also changed the coil springs is more like a preventive measure.
Why not change the coils as well (its not that much of a money, compared to the nivomat shocks!)

Nivomat is great, but mine where just blown up. I wrote also a complain letter to sachs (the german company who makes the nivomat's) I think the many speed bumps we have here stresses out the nivomat's to a point they become weak. They are not build for off roading...

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not expect shocks to last 100k miles, especially if towing.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I knew you needed some Nivomats. I have 2 I am selling.

04blacknali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will nivomats work in a 2004 yukon xl denali with autoride? My rear shocks are blown but I have a new motor.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne