• Esky mirror

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Denali mirror painted

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Keep my original mirrors

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
That is an interesting design. Will you still have access to the subs after the box is completed(in case you need to remove one for any reason, etc.)? I look forward to seeing the final product.

OP
OP
Regency

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is an interesting design. Will you still have access to the subs after the box is completed(in case you need to remove one for any reason, etc.)? I look forward to seeing the final product.

Most likely not now that I think of it.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were going with a ported box? That looks like a bandpass. You should ask your box builder for some references. There are a ton of guys out there, especially on CL, that have decent wood making skills but no clue on frequency resonance, sub parameters and how they should be factored into your specific vehicle and audio set up. Basically, he will make something that will look decent and may or may not sound good. People offering boxes on CL are not always "good" or honest. Just ask a lot of questions and ask to see some of his work. Also, that diagram isn't hard to make on Google Sketch and it doesn't show any dimensions, which makes it hard to tell if it's right for you.

OP
OP
Regency

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were going with a ported box? That looks like a bandpass. You should ask your box builder for some references. There are a ton of guys out there, especially on CL, that have decent wood making skills but no clue on frequency resonance, sub parameters and how they should be factored into your specific vehicle and audio set up. Basically, he will make something that will look decent and may or may not sound good. People offering boxes on CL are not always "good" or honest. Just ask a lot of questions and ask to see some of his work. Also, that diagram isn't hard to make on Google Sketch and it doesn't show any dimensions, which makes it hard to tell if it's right for you.

Yeah it's bandpass dimentsion are 49" Wide, 17" Tall and 30" deep he looked up how they should be and stuff I'll get it all today good point though thanks for looking out dude

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

What do you guys think of the mirrors etc?

OP
OP
Regency

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering the esky mirror mod and wondering if I should get denali mirrors and paint everything silver ***** metallic or have the chrome on the bottom need some input.
UPDATE: Considering replacing door speakers and using second skin spectrum in the doors and rear to make it rattle proof and will have my new nav in soon once they get more in stock! Will also be hopefully getting the 2012 esky bumper and powder coating the tips silver birch and adding the gibson exhaust w/ a intake and tune this won't all be at once btw.

What do you guys think about this plan?

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this plan?

Which part? I like the esky mirrors. I'll probably end up doing it but its not cheap. I would definitely get a BB or comparable tune and I like my CAI. It gives the truck a nice growl. It has a nice sound and the truck feels more responsive and feels like it added power. I won't be doing any more performance mods. That's enough for me. I'm gonna get the eagle eye tails too. Maybe that is something that might interest you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
Regency

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which part? I like the esky mirrors. I'll probably end up doing it but its not cheap. I would definitely get a BB or comparable tune and I like my CAI. It gives the truck a nice growl. It has a nice sound and the truck feels more responsive and feels like it added power. I won't be doing any more performance mods. That's enough for me. I'm gonna get the eagle eye tails too. Maybe that is something that might interest you.

Door speakers, second skin etc basically what I talked about also wondering if it would look good to paint my mirrors oem color and have no plastic or chrome?

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door speakers, second skin etc basically what I talked about also wondering if it would look good to paint my mirrors oem color and have no plastic or chrome?

I would wait on the second skin. See how the speakers sound first then use as needed. It's not cheap to use sound dampener and its not always necessary. What's your budget on the component speakers and do you plan to use an amp to power them? I'm researching components now. I've had Boston Acoustics in the past running off the headunit and they sounded great but I heard they are getting out of the car audio market. I'll probably pick up a set of 6.5" components for the front and add a coaxial set in the 2nd row. I'm getting a dynamat license plate kit for now. That's only like $10 on eBay. My plate rattles pretty easily so I know I need it. The rest of the truck I'll wait and see. Not sure about the mirrors. I like the esky mirrors. I have the stick on chrome for the top half now but it looks kinda cheap. I prefer a more OEM look personally.

OP
OP
Regency

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the second skin I would be going with the spectrum series which works great I heard and is cheaper and wouldn't be getting components just 6.5 front and rear because don't want to have't to modify pillars for the new tweeters price now that I think about it my speakers are fine for now but I do get lots of rattles which is why I want second skin. And for the mirrors I'm thinking about getting esky mirrors or getting denali/ltz ones and painting all the plastic to match the truck wasn't very clear on that my bad

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the second skin I would be going with the spectrum series which works great I heard and is cheaper and wouldn't be getting components just 6.5 front and rear because don't want to have't to modify pillars for the new tweeters price now that I think about it my speakers are fine for now but I do get lots of rattles which is why I want second skin. And for the mirrors I'm thinking about getting esky mirrors or getting denali/ltz ones and painting all the plastic to match the truck wasn't very clear on that my bad

Sometimes they offer B stock on the second skin. Look around and you might be able to save some money.