Newby here 08 Denali Yukon/Lots of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyboi089

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wassup everyone!! I searched the form knowing it would be one upon buying this truck. I just picked up a 08 Denali 140,000 miles for 9k. I’m in Need of tips and advice. I just got new tires on, a tune up and front pulley belt. New trans lines, trans filter and air filter i had it a week already i love it!!

My driver heated seat don’t work but the passengers do!?

what’s with the air bag code!?

my Rear shocks need to be replaced should i convert them to regular (to save money) or replace air ones??

Inner door handle is peeling where can i get another?

what tunes or delete should be recommended for the 6.2 i got!?

C713A2C2-C5BC-4798-9230-D5AEE5ACBE60.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wassup everyone!! I searched the form knowing it would be one upon buying this truck. I just picked up a 08 Denali 140,000 miles for 9k. I’m in Need of tips and advice. I just got new tires on, a tune up and front pulley belt. New trans lines, trans filter and air filter i had it a week already i love it!!

my Rear shocks need to be replaced should i convert them to regular (to save money) or replace air ones??

View attachment 265813

I got these door handles last summer and they are really nice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FTMTCBG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Keep the rear shocks like they are. If the seat still moves and memory 1 and 2 work most likely a fuse or the element. If not it’s likely the control module. I just went through this. Invest in a Tech2 it’ll help fix all of these issues and more.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

More pics, please.

You've already been receiving great advice from folks here, and others will chime in.

Rear shocks - Depends on whether or not you plan to tow any sizeable trailers. The air shocks are great for automatically leveling the truck, when a sizeable trailer is attached. My truck was already converted to coil over shocks and new springs in the rear, before I purchased it, and I tow a light trailer (~1100 lbs.) with no noticeable sag in the back end.

6.2 mods - The AFM delete is recommended, and it can be accomplished by a tune. I have a custom performance tune for 93 octane gas from Black Bear Performance (~$600), and it make a very noticeable difference for both the engine and the transmission, as the tune will modify both the ECM and TCM. Give @BlackBearPerf a call, and discuss your needs with them.

Troubleshooting - I recommend that you seriously consider purchasing a Tech 2 scanner/programming tool (~$350), as you will find this tool to be invaluable, if you do most of your own maintenance and repairs. It will pay for itself, after your first troubleshooting situation.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.2 mods - The AFM delete is recommended, and it can be accomplished by a tune. I have a custom performance tune for 93 octane gas from Black Bear Performance (~$600), and it make a very noticeable difference for both the engine and the transmission, as the tune will modify both the ECM and TCM. Give @BlackBearPerf a call, and discuss your needs with them.
Just one small clarification here to make sure the OP doesn't go down the wrong hole. His engine doesn't have AFM, but I do agree with getting a Black Bear tune for better performance and shift points.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You definitely do NOT have AFM, so don't worry about those issues. Blackbear is awesome at tuning your L92 Non AFM motor, and they will make the trans shift better. I recommend replacing your rear shocks with OEM units from RockAuto, don't but the cheaper aftermarket ones. You got a really good deal on your Denali.

OP
OP
C

Chevyboi089

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

View attachment 265813

View attachment 265813
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. More pics please.

The air bag code is likely the front sensor. Lots of thread info here about that.
I will take more pics tomorrow. Yes I’m amazed at all the responses i feel good already. You guys are so welcoming i appreciate that, yes i will be a active member.

OP
OP
C

Chevyboi089

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seat heater is likely a fuse or the module. Air shocks from Rock Auto are about $ 400 - go for Arnott's.
I think it’s a fuse i got my truck back and when i auto started it the heated seat was on, but still no light on