1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimmyy, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Jimmyy

Jimmyy TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jim
    I worked at a Chevy dealer out of high school. Parking car for the mechanics then later working the lube rack. All the mechanics told not to get in the business. I did listen to them and found a different way to skin the cat.

2. Jimmyy

Jimmyy TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jim
    picked them up on eBay. They were $30 delivered. I’m guessing the headlights replaced earlier. The original ones were real cloudy. The kit to refinish them was $24 so kind of a no brainer.

3. Jimmyy

Jimmyy TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jim
    Thanks. I believe I’m the 3rd owner. I Had been looking for over a year and found this one by accident. This owner just wanted gone. High miles but clean. I can bolt parts on easier than fixing rust.

89Suburban likes this.
  4. adventurenali92

adventurenali92 Full Access Member

Name:
    Chase
    Great looking truck and welcome from another 2006 Denali XL owner! I love the color on yours! That’s the color I had wanted. Also I have the same wheels as yours but in the darker non chrome finish! Good looking newer generation Denali wheel for our rigs! 253k is nothing on these things if they’re well maintained!

ivin74 and Bear77 like this.
  5. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    The thing about being a tech is that you can pick up and work anywhere you want to. If you want to move to a different state, no problem, there will be tech jobs. With your tool boxes on wheels, you are basically a contractor and can roll out as easy as you roll in. If you study and pay attention and get the certs, you can make great money in the right situation. It can be hard on the body but in the end, I feel I made a good choice for my previous career.

89Suburban likes this.
  6. Jimmyy

Jimmyy TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jim
    Thanks. I work with a girl that has 435K on her Hoe. Just 1 transmission rebuilt nothing major to the engine. The color is close to my favorite car 99 Regal GS. R.I.P old man rust got it.

adventurenali92 and 89Suburban like this.
  7. Jimmyy

Jimmyy TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jim
    Definitely a solid career to have. Always plenty of work, even in the up and downs of the economy. Most of the techs I worked with were great guys. Willing to help and share knowledge with a high school punk. Except the the transmission guy, he was a little of his rocker. He chased the boss around with a ball peen hammer on what turned out to be his last day. I still stayed in the wrenching field. Office machine, ATM’s and Banking equipment. The only down side is if someone does a half ass job on your car, house Etc you can see it a mile away and know you could have done a better job.

adventurenali92 and PNW VietVet like this.
  8. RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland TYF Newbie

Name:
    Cary
    ACB3B369-0306-474F-B21F-EC0C69A5D2AD.jpeg A194B3F5-03C2-4BB3-81BC-F2F0BC36DDA9.jpeg First time here also. Hi Jimmy. Been reading and getting tips from you folks. Just put on level keys for 2004 Tahoe ls 4x4. Nice to raise the front end a little. Have over 200000 on this rig bought new. Just replaced tires and went with rims too. First time for me to customize my rig. Thinking about going through motor 5.3 vortec. Don’t know if I will rebuild or swap, ...

PNW VietVet and 89Suburban like this.
  9. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    Welcome to the forum from Oregon. There are lots of threads here about moding your rig.

10. Jimmyy

Jimmyy TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jim
    Looking sharp.