Newbie - Stereo Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avb5983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2010 Hybrid Yukon Denali 82Kmiles. Love it so far, except for the stereo head unit. Wondering if I can replace it without any issue. I noticed there is a Hybrid screen on there.

If this has been asked before, please point me in the right direction if possible.

Thanks in advance....

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in what you find out. the newer radio from a 12-13 look much nicer in pics, and should atleast have Bluetooth. I was a bit in shock my 2011 doesn't have Bluetooth lol. not sure if they direct swap or need a flash to match vin or anything. seem overpriced for a factory radio on eBay thou.

there was a thread on another board where a hybrid guy put a non hybrid factory radio in and it seemed everything worked but he didn't have the hybrid power distribution graphic. not that it really does anything haha.

that was a very old thread thou.

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2010 Hybrid Yukon Denali 82Kmiles. Love it so far, except for the stereo head unit. Wondering if I can replace it without any issue. I noticed there is a Hybrid screen on there.

If this has been asked before, please point me in the right direction if possible.

Thanks in advance....
2013 was the last year for the hybrid

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in what you find out. the newer radio from a 12-13 look much nicer in pics, and should atleast have Bluetooth. I was a bit in shock my 2011 doesn't have Bluetooth lol. not sure if they direct swap or need a flash to match vin or anything. seem overpriced for a factory radio on eBay thou.

there was a thread on another board where a hybrid guy put a non hybrid factory radio in and it seemed everything worked but he didn't have the hybrid power distribution graphic. not that it really does anything haha.

that was a very old thread thou.
So a 2011 does NOT have bluetooth??? My 2009 has bluetooth maybe yours is simply disabled in your settings?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a 2011 does NOT have bluetooth??? My 2009 has bluetooth maybe yours is simply disabled in your settings?
yours does? hmm, I've looked and not seen any settings. I'll have to look deeper. it would be nice, like you can play music thru your blue tooth or just the older talking on the phone type of thing. which i don't see either haha. the interface seems very old, so I was thinking it was just a carry over from the first years of these body styles.

I'll dig deeper into settings tomorrow. it is a gmc not a tahoe, but you'd think it still would.

me88

Reaction score
Does your sticker in the glovebox have UE0 on it? If yes, then your vehicle is missing the OnStar & Bluetooth module. You might have a talk-button on the steering wheel, but it only mutes the radio and nothing else.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your sticker in the glovebox have UE0 on it? If yes, then your vehicle is missing the OnStar & Bluetooth module. You might have a talk-button on the steering wheel, but it only mutes the radio and nothing else.
I didn't get a email you replied. but no, i do have a UE1 thou?

might be the same thing thou, I'll have to double check, but I believe my steering wheel phone button just mutes the radio. but odd as I've read these yukon denali's are supposed to be pretty loaded option wise as standard equipment. but eh, gm lol

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I dug a little deeper into this. with my rpo code radio/DVD setup, it will not connect Bluetooth to a phone to play music, but it will connect to make phone calls. thing is, it's thru your on star module, it uses your phone but it. set up thru there. I found a caddy site where a guy took his to a dealer and he figured it out.

doesn't do me much good, I just wanted music haha

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awh you are looking for "Carplay" I am not sure when they introduced that, i know that my 2014 Denali had that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal