Newbie From Midwest MN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LilMizz713

LilMizz713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know if the radiator has been changed and if so is it an oe style or aftermarket? There are threads here about the coolant return spout for the coolant tank has a slight restriction in the oe style and if aftermarket style there is no restriction and causes heating problems. Can check that by using a small hose clamp on the hose and tighten a bit to help restrict flow. Also, maybe the heater core is plugged. When engine is hot do both heater core hoses feel the same temp and are they hot enough you can't hold on to them with your bare hands?

Replaced the Thermostat for the 2nd time, still really no change. The temps have been in the 20-30's lately and the gauge still only goes about 1/4 of the way, majority of the time its even a little under that. With the warmer temps the vehicle physically feels like its warmer even with the gauge that low but could just be because its warmer outside also. As far as the radiator I'm not sure if its been changed. Previous owner never mentioned it. But I know the headlights and grill have been replaced so its possible. I've heard the heater core has kinda been a problem for them so that is probably next on the list. I haven't felt the hoses where they have been to hot to hold but I know the last time they checked with a temp gun there was about a 50* temp difference.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Was the temp difference at the heater core hoses? If so you have a clogged heater core. Should be way closer to the same temp. The radiator check, that I talked about before with a hose clamp, is a simple test that you should do as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep