Newbie From Midwest MN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilMizz713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All, New to the site with a new to me 2005 5.3 Tahoe. Was researching a few issues I've been having and came across this great place! Will definitely be checking out all the tips, tricks & problem solving going on here. It's been quite a change going from my 2011 Equinox but I've wanted a Tahoe for a long time. Can't wait to get to know u all, learn & hopefully help out too.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon and post pics of your 2005 Tahoe. What issues are you having? Go to the 2000-2006 forum and post problems in the different sections listed.

OP
OP
LilMizz713

LilMizz713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon and post pics of your 2005 Tahoe. What issues are you having? Go to the 2000-2006 forum and post problems in the different sections listed.

Thank you! Currently having some engine temp issues, running cold. I will check out that section, thanks again!

OP
OP
LilMizz713

LilMizz713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. Could be your thermostat. Have you checked your coolant level? What does your dash temp gauge say?

I changed the thermostat once, didn't make any difference. Coolant level is good. The gauge reads about 175 degrees. This is after idling 10-15 minutes and driving 15 miles to work. (It has been about -20 here lately but I drove the shop Suburban home last night since mine was stuck on the hoist and it got to temp within a few miles) I just changed the thermostat again, by chance the other one was a dud. At the same time changed rear brakes and now the calipers locked up, so haven't had a chance to see if the thermostat fixed the issue. Gotta love the MN road salt!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you know if the radiator has been changed and if so is it an oe style or aftermarket? There are threads here about the coolant return spout for the coolant tank has a slight restriction in the oe style and if aftermarket style there is no restriction and causes heating problems. Can check that by using a small hose clamp on the hose and tighten a bit to help restrict flow. Also, maybe the heater core is plugged. When engine is hot do both heater core hoses feel the same temp and are they hot enough you can't hold on to them with your bare hands?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14