Newb from Chgo Burbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn1112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up everyone, just picked up a used but new to me 16 Tahoe LTZ. Mainly a Mopar guy when it comes to toys, but always have had Tahoe’s and Yukon’s for work and or a DD. Have modded cars from mild to wild and everything in between. Have seen some familiar names while lurking the past few days. Have some plans for this Tahoe, nothing crazy but I can’t ever leave anything alone, lol.
Already swapped the halogen fogs for 6k LED’s.

I have a set of 26” Status Journey rims in black, less than 500 miles on them. Still debating on leaving stock height or doing a 2/4 drop. Will decide after searching and reading threads on here. I spend a lot of time in my DD while working so don’t want to sacrifice ride quality any more than I’m doing with the 6’s.

I have a JL 750/1 amp and a 12” JL W7 that sounded great in my 14 LTZ. But I had a Pioneer head unit. Don’t plan on swapping my head unit so might go with a sound processor vs a LOC. Imo the LOC doesn’t allow the amp and sub to sound it’s best. Never used a sound processor so open to suggestions from any audio guru’s. Will probably leave the stock speakers alone right now as they sound pretty decent.

Top of my priority list is to delete as much chrome as possible. Will wrap all the chrome around windows and roof racks in black vinyl. Hoping Chevy makes a mirror cover that’s not chrome and I can have it color matched by my painter. I have seen some people with what looks like a black honey comb grill in the middle with chrome edges. Will probably pick that up and have the chrome color matched.

Might do a blower if I ever come across a deal that’s to good to pass up.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Shawn!! Nice plans for your 16 Tahoe LTZ!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Whats up everyone, just picked up a used but new to me 16 Tahoe LTZ. Mainly a Mopar guy when it comes to toys, but always have had Tahoe’s and Yukon’s for work and or a DD. Have modded cars from mild to wild and everything in between. Have seen some familiar names while lurking the past few days. Have some plans for this Tahoe, nothing crazy but I can’t ever leave anything alone, lol.
Already swapped the halogen fogs for 6k LED’s.

I have a set of 26” Status Journey rims in black, less than 500 miles on them. Still debating on leaving stock height or doing a 2/4 drop. Will decide after searching and reading threads on here. I spend a lot of time in my DD while working so don’t want to sacrifice ride quality any more than I’m doing with the 6’s.

I have a JL 750/1 amp and a 12” JL W7 that sounded great in my 14 LTZ. But I had a Pioneer head unit. Don’t plan on swapping my head unit so might go with a sound processor vs a LOC. Imo the LOC doesn’t allow the amp and sub to sound it’s best. Never used a sound processor so open to suggestions from any audio guru’s. Will probably leave the stock speakers alone right now as they sound pretty decent.

Top of my priority list is to delete as much chrome as possible. Will wrap all the chrome around windows and roof racks in black vinyl. Hoping Chevy makes a mirror cover that’s not chrome and I can have it color matched by my painter. I have seen some people with what looks like a black honey comb grill in the middle with chrome edges. Will probably pick that up and have the chrome color matched.

Might do a blower if I ever come across a deal that’s to good to pass up.

Welcome, neighbor! Good any pics of the new ride? How many miles and where did you find it? Sounds like a good starting plan.

OP
OP
S

Shawn1112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Couple of pics on my phone, will post later today. Its the Siren Red Tintcoat with black interior
50k miles and found it at Biggers Chevy in Elgin. Went in for a oil change on my 14, saw the 16 sitting there.
Inquired about it and a few hours later and after some back and forth I was the new owner, lol. 1 owner (local) vehicle with a clean Carfax, appears to be well taken care of.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ooooooooooooo siren red, I sure would love to see a pic of it, as that is the color I have on order for my '19, finally got a build date..... would love to see your ride

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094