New Yukon owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 and 2017 for Commiefornia only, and nationwide in 2018.

2wd provides 1 more MPG
4wd provides 1 LESS MPG

Cant find any documentation that it ever went into production. At a 1200 dollar option for 1mpg (+ or -), I cant see that its well received.

From what I can tell, its a borrowed technology from the Saturn Vue Hybrid. Where the Alternator is also a motor, and can provide a boost of power when needed. The Alternator/Motor is a stupid expensive replacement part thou. 400.. USED!

The alternator/motor I believe is also the starter? But I could be wrong on this one.

Edit: Confirmed, the Alternator/Motor is the starter, called a BAS (Belt Alternator Starter).

Edit 2: Wheres my manners! Welcome to the board!

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Kind of a rare truck, for 2016 they only made 200 and for CA only. My Brother N Law has the truck now.
Is it a hybrid of some kind?
Got it-----https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2016/feb/0225-sierra-eAssist.html

OP
OP
S

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 and 2017 for Commiefornia only, and nationwide in 2018.

2wd provides 1 more MPG
4wd provides 1 LESS MPG

Cant find any documentation that it ever went into production. At a 1200 dollar option for 1mpg (+ or -), I cant see that its well received.

From what I can tell, its a borrowed technology from the Saturn Vue Hybrid. Where the Alternator is also a motor, and can provide a boost of power when needed. The Alternator/Motor is a stupid expensive replacement part thou. 400.. USED!

The alternator/motor I believe is also the starter? But I could be wrong on this one.

Edit: Confirmed, the Alternator/Motor is the starter, called a BAS (Belt Alternator Starter).

Edit 2: Wheres my manners! Welcome to the board!

Yes the MPG was not much different than a non eAssist. The only real benefit was the smooth start/stop.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
GMC Yukon in the garage, with pictures of Dodges on the wall..
I get it but I used to own a Challenger and I loved to run the c-r-a-p out of it and it was good for doing just that. I had a 440 with twin 4 barrel carbs. Made my a-s-s grab the seat a bunch of times. Surprised I lived thru it.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not dissing you,, Just the Irony isnt lost on me.. Always wanted a RT Dakota, or a RoadRunner Convertible (used to own one). Love them old MOPAR. 318, 360, etc. Some of my favorite engines.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not dissing you,, Just the Irony isnt lost on me.. Always wanted a RT Dakota, or a RoadRunner Convertible (used to own one). Love them old MOPAR. 318, 360, etc. Some of my favorite engines.
I knew you weren't dissing me so I would assume your are talking to @Saltydog. I bought that Challenger after seeing the movie "Vanishing Point" and my friend at the time had a 69 Roadrunner with the big honking Hurst shifter curled up tall with the pistol grip on it. I was young and dumb and full of c-u-m. All I cared about was "GO FAST"!

OP
OP
S

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMC Yukon in the garage, with pictures of Dodges on the wall..
I did think about that, on the other wall I have a Packard poster and wall thermometer. I grew up a MOPAR fan and still do love some old school MOPAR but I like all things automotive :)

Those dodge posters are from a friend that works at a local dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs