New Yukon owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ryano

Ryano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For 230k it’s in really good shape

Chowder

Reaction score
Looks nice! Surprised how good it looks without the molding. Mine are nit in the best shape. If i decide to replace them I think ill see what it looks like without first.

I want to remove my ugly factory side steps but my wife and daughter are both 5'1" and voted that down lol. Ill have to check out some better looking alternatives.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really need to go through that truck on the mechanical side and update everything, regardless of mileage. I know some guys are more into appearances & comfort, but even so the first thing I'm doing on a new purchase is picking up a shop manual and couple-hundred in manufacturer-spec supplies, creating the best operating environment I possibly can.

Unless you enjoy coming out of pocket on large scale and expensive repairs... But I'm all about avoiding those situations, personally.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your Yukon looks awesome with the 5% tint and wheels. I need a low chair on wheels like you have.

Welcome from Miami Beach Ryan!!

OP
OP
Ryano

Ryano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mechanical side is good. Checked everything on the front end, all is tight. All the the drive train joints seem good. Have new spark plugs waiting to be put in on my next days off. And all new fluids are on that list as well.

What else I should check?

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanical side is good. Checked everything on the front end, all is tight. All the the drive train joints seem good. Have new spark plugs waiting to be put in on my next days off. And all new fluids are on that list as well.

What else I should check?
Have you changed all fluids? It's cheap insurance. I changed diffs and power steering when I got mine a couple months ago. Been planning to do the rest (transfer case, brake, and transmission) soon. Mine had a new transmission put in about 30k miles before I bought it so it's not urgent to change the fluild just yet because I know the history on that.

OP
OP
Ryano

Ryano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you changed all fluids? It's cheap insurance. I changed diffs and power steering when I got mine a couple months ago. Been planning to do the rest (transfer case, brake, and transmission) soon. Mine had a new transmission put in about 30k miles before I bought it so it's not urgent to change the fluild just yet because I know the history on that.

I haven’t changed them yet hopefully my next days off I can try and knock a few of them out.