New with 2010 SSV ex border patrol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched a show about border patrol in Texas--they really beat the hell out of their trucks.
Yea there’s border live and border wars. I certainly saw some beat to hell ones when I was at Chicago motors but my interior was mint, it’s got one small dent on the hood and when I changed all the fluids, everything had royal purple in it. I’m quite happy with my purchase.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yea there’s border live and border wars. I certainly saw some beat to hell ones when I was at Chicago motors but my interior was mint, it’s got one small dent on the hood and when I changed all the fluids, everything had royal purple in it. I’m quite happy with my purchase.
Ahhh, it was border wars.

Southbound_35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you explain the "Free Travel Mod"? i have a 2009 SSV and love it! also...I love the pic of the BP unit, may actually do that to mine.Mine came out of Klamath National Forest, it was an office commuter. unfortunately i just had to do a full tranny rebuild on it...but were good now though, running the best i have felt it run since owning it.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain the "Free Travel Mod"? i have a 2009 SSV and love it! also...I love the pic of the BP unit, may actually do that to mine.Mine came out of Klamath National Forest, it was an office commuter. unfortunately i just had to do a full tranny rebuild on it...but were good now though, running the best i have felt it run since owning it.
You basically just cut the bracket that the bump stop is on off of the frame and then install a much smaller universal bump stop.
You just need to watch the gas tank on the drivers side. I put a piece of steel plate between it and the frame to protect it while cutting. Passenger side is much easier. With my lowering springs installed it was basically sitting on the bump stops.

https://djmsuspension.com/free-travel-2/

Trc54

Reaction score
I noticed you stated you have an air bag, is it just a helper bag? What is the complete list of parts you used to lower it? It's the exact look I've been thinking about!! I'm also not far from denver (scottsbluff,ne)

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helper bags. Airlift 60742

Bell tech 2” drop spindles
Bell tech rear spring kit 34324 (5305 springs)

You can buy it as a kit but it’s cheaper on eBay for them separate. That rear kit includes shock relocation brackets too.

I wouldn’t mind it lower but I think my wife is going to be mainly driving it so I don’t need the bumper busted off haha.

Trc54

Reaction score
Helper bags. Airlift 60742

Bell tech 2” drop spindles
Bell tech rear spring kit 34324 (5305 springs)

You can buy it as a kit but it’s cheaper on eBay for them separate. That rear kit includes shock relocation brackets too.

I wouldn’t mind it lower but I think my wife is going to be mainly driving it so I don’t need the bumper busted off haha.

Makes sense haha what size are the tires your running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts