New/ Used Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crhussong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 16 Yukon Denali and am looking for recomendations on Exhaust systms to enhance the 6.2l sound, as well as reputable sources of lowering kits.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 already has a 3 1/2 pipe some sections are larger so you can get a way with just doing a appropriate muffler and deleting, doing a catback isn't really worth it (IMO) you can get the same effect for much less.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NH.

I installed a Gibson Extreme catbck dual exhaust, but most would say that it's too loud. Lots of folks here with less noisy systems that will chime in.

Hopefully, you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Gibson cat back as well. Gave me a headache between 70-80mph. Plus the damn thing rusted to hell after 7 months with no salt on roads this winter. I got the stainless too. Not a good quality. I think it was 409 stainless not 304 which is much better. Threw stock exhaust back on.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the Gibson cat back as well. Gave me a headache between 70-80mph. Plus the damn thing rusted to hell after 7 months with no salt on roads this winter. I got the stainless too. Not a good quality. I think it was 409 stainless not 304 which is much better. Threw stock exhaust back on.

Mine is stainless, and I have no rust on it, even though I live in wintery and road salty NH. Being a 60's kid, my hearing is half gone, at best anyway, so I simply turn up the volume on my tunes, when the drone kicks in on long inclines of road. Like I said, this exhaust system is not for everyone, as I'm simply reliving my teenage years. :)

Come one, Folks, let's give crhussong some recommendations on other aftermarket exhaust systems! I know that you MagnaFlow, Borla, Corsa, etc. exhaust systems users are out there.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My Flowmaster 50 series muffler is what I was looking for and suits me fine. In this Flowmaster link there is a section where you can hear the resonating flow sounds thru other Flowmaster mufflers as a comparison. just open link and then click on "street chambered mufflers".

https://www.holley.com/brands/flowmaster/?msclkid=97f5e9fa653512703eedb73cf0341377&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing Search - Flowmaster - Brand&utm_term=flowmaster exhaust&utm_content=Flowmaster Brand - Exact - Brand

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 16 Yukon Denali and am looking for recomendations on Exhaust systms to enhance the 6.2l sound, as well as reputable sources of lowering kits.

Good sounds are subjective. Some love Borla, some Corsa, some Gibson, MBRP, Magnaflow, etc.

After watching a hundred or so youtube videos on exhaust systems, and having owned them myself, Flowmaster was always my favorite. But now I'm old and don't want to hear the noise in the cabin nor the drone. I like the Corsa Sport and Touring best but also like Gibson and Borla and Maganflow. I guess it depends on my hearing that day! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts