New to the forum, new to full size SUV and 1st V8 ('04 Tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marleysbeard

Reaction score
Figured I should stop by and say hello. I'll be taking advantage of the wealth of knowledge here and I'm grateful for it. If you have any tips for a new owner lay them on me, I'm eager to learn.

Forgive the rust, she's a little rough. Would've liked something a little bit cleaner but this fit the small budget I was working with. 160k, auto ac, leather, power seats, power mirrors, dvd, etc. Included the RPO codes because I know there's a lot of info there (even if I cant decipher it personally).

Cheers!:cheers:

Driver.jpgPassenger.jpgFront.jpgRear.jpgRPO Codes.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Just start setting $ back for the rust repairs. I see the Z71. I have an 05. You in Nebraska?

OP
OP
marleysbeard

marleysbeard

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Just start setting $ back for the rust repairs. I see the Z71. I have an 05. You in Nebraska?

Yeah not looking forward to dealing with the rust and I'm already thinking about the transmission also, feels fine but its original so who knows how long it has. Yeah in I'm Nebraska what gave it away?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Said LINCOLN on front/rear plate frame.

I agree with the transmission thoughts since you have no idea of past maintenance or work on it.

OP
OP
marleysbeard

marleysbeard

Reaction score
Said LINCOLN on front/rear plate frame.

I agree with the transmission thoughts since you have no idea of past maintenance or work on it.
Oh duh.

I have some limited records. Last transmission work was a replaced cooler line at 75k, last time it mentions fluid was a flush at 50k. The fluid appears clean and the proper color with no unusual smell so hopefully that's a good sign. I haven't decided if I want to replace the filter and just add what was lost or not. All the stigma about messing with transmission fluid that hasn't been changed in many miles worries me.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach. Looks overall to be in very good condition.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If it was me, I would do a trans filter and add fluid as needed and drive it till you have a concern. That way you know when it was done and have a baseline.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If it was me, I would do a trans filter and add fluid as needed and drive it till you have a concern. That way you know when it was done and have a baseline.
Welcome to the forums.
X2 about filter and fluid fill. Some of the rpos says you have the G80 rear with 3.73's, also powerfold mirrors. How's your oil pressure?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice looking truck.

As stated above by our knowledgeable folks on this Forum, change any fluids that you do not already have a record of the last change, and then you will have a baseline for scheduling all future fluid changes.

OP
OP
marleysbeard

marleysbeard

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
X2 about filter and fluid fill. Some of the rpos says you have the G80 rear with 3.73's, also powerfold mirrors. How's your oil pressure?
Oil pressure is good as far as I can tell. Seems pretty stable around 40 when I'm driving, does go up a bit when accelerating. Oil life says 67% although I don't put much stock in that number. Last oil and filter change was done at 158.6K and its at 160.3k now.

If you have a second to check I do have a post in the 00-06 tahoe engine section regarding a noise I've been hearing on start up, seems ac related. I included a video with a sample of the noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos