New to the forum, bought a 2019 Yukon SLT Graphite Performance Edition in December 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Craignor

Craignor

Reaction score
The split folding 2nd row rear bench seat is key to maximizing my cargo space.

OP
OP
Craignor

Craignor

Reaction score
As I look back on the first year of ownership of my first ever GM vehicle. This post goes out to the person wondering how it will be buying, and owning, a GM product. I had owned Mercedes for the previous 15 years. This time in my life I needed a truck with a lot of cargo room, I haul a lot of stuff, and I liked the Yukon the best from doing my research, but I was wondering if the GMC sales and service would be a step down.

The Employee Pricing for Everyone program was great. I got a great price on a end of model year truck. It helped that the one vehicle my dealer had was exactly what I wanted.

The Sales people and management were very welcoming and friendly. They gave me a good price on my trade in. They even let me take the truck home over the weekend before we did the paperwork Monday morning. Easy peasy paperwork, everything was done on time and as promised.

The truck has been great, no problems in the first year. Last week I took it in for its first service a scheduled 7,500 mile maintenance plus installing front recovery hooks. I had accumulated quite a few reward points and got $100 off the front recovery hooks and facia, I wanted, the parts department was great and ordered and received both parts within a couple days. Communication were great, they called and let me know the parts were in. I had made an appointment and showed up at the 7:30 opening, I asked for, and they gave me a loaner car (which I hoped for but really didn’t expect). They called me twice that day and let me know the progress and them finally the truck was ready for pickup at 4PM, even sent me a text message that the truck was ready. Got the truck back and it was very clean, recovery hooks looked great, the truck was professionally serviced.

The dealer service was what had concerned me the most, and it was great, and it was not a step down from the Mercedes service. The Dealership is only 5 miles from my house, I will use them again.

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you add the front tow hooks you'll need the complete lower valence between the fog lights to do so.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, truck looks great. Great color combo with the wheels, glad you are enjoying it.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding front hooks is on my eventual list of wants.

EDIT - Ordered parts this morning, black hooks and lower bumper molding for $113 with tax.

Last edited: