New to member, new (to me) Yukon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Steve!

Your Denali looks to be in excellent condition. Nice color. I am sure you will love the 6.2.

OP
OP
G

gunninks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Steve!

Your Denali looks to be in excellent condition. Nice color. I am sure you will love the 6.2.

Thanks! She certainly has some cosmetic issues here and there (its old) but yes, its in really good condition considering.

I need to sort out several paint chips and a few scratches before the Michigan winters wreaks havoc on it. Also might have to coat the under body. At the moment there is literately no visible rust anywhere.

Regarding the 6.2, I am in love with the exhaust tones! :D

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Lucky find! ‘07 here as well with 140,000 miles and lots of rust.

I find automotivetouchup.com to have great paint markers matched perfectly to your RPO code for those chips.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I am very happy with my 07 Yukon XL Denali, and you will love the 6.2. And, when the time is right for you, invest ~$600 in a Black Bear Performance tune (can be done remotely), and you will REALLY love the 6.2 and the 6 speed transmission shifting improvement.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Should see/feel a big difference between the 2 engines for towing.

OP
OP
G

gunninks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I am very happy with my 07 Yukon XL Denali, and you will love the 6.2. And, when the time is right for you, invest ~$600 in a Black Bear Performance tune (can be done remotely), and you will REALLY love the 6.2 and the 6 speed transmission shifting improvement.
What changes did the tuning give you?
Better fuel mileage?
More HP and/or torque?
Better shifts?

I really wish there was a way to turn off AWD like the Trailblazer had and only use the rear unless there is a reason for it. Is there a transfer case mod or maybe a swap to one that can be switched?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better fuel mileage?
More HP and/or torque?
Better shifts?

I really wish there was a way to turn off AWD like the Trailblazer had and only use the rear unless there is a reason for it. Is there a transfer case mod or maybe a swap to one that can be switched?

Tuning:
For me, I asked BBP for a high performance tune for 93 octane gas
More HP and torque
Better shifting in terms of shift points and firmness
No significant decrease in MPG, unless I step on the throttle enough (and, then it drops).

Keep in mind that a BBP tune is a custom tune, tailored to what YOU want out of the tune. Some folks go for a high performance tune, some go for a towing tune, some go for a gas mileage tune, and others go for some combination of these characteristics. Or, you could go for more than 1 custom tune, as it takes less than 15 minutes for you to change your tune (say, if you were about to embark on a long trip towing something, and you wanted to use a tune optimized for towing).

AWD:
I'm not sure why you want to turn off AWD, but to my knowledge, it would be a major project, if even feasible, to do what you are suggesting.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better fuel mileage?
More HP and/or torque?
Better shifts?

You might be able to convert to a 4x4 by swapping out the transfer case and modifying your front differential. You would have to do some re-flashing of the various modules and install the wiring harness for the 4x4 switch and whatever else that entails. The only downside in keeping things as they are is about 1 mpg less in fuel efficiency and having to make sure all of the tires wear evenly so as not to damage the AWD system.

OP
OP
G

gunninks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might be able to convert to a 4x4 by swapping out the transfer case and modifying your front differential. You would have to do some re-flashing of the various modules and install the wiring harness for the 4x4 switch and whatever else that entails. The only downside in keeping things as they are is about 1 mpg less in fuel efficiency and having to make sure all of the tires wear evenly so as not to damage the AWD system.
Yeah, it's not that big of a deal. Was just a thought from being used to how I drove the TB in RWD only except in the snow and heavy rain. Thanks for the input.