New (to me) truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought a new project home yesterday. This is the first chance I've had to take things off and go over it. The throw out bearing is definitely shot. Possibly the transmission, then again, maybe not. For what I paid, I can replace the unit if need be.

It's 1995 GMC C1500. 305, 5 speed manual. A basic work truck. It's had a hard life but is fairly straight and rust free. Cab corners (surprise!) and the drivers side rocker are the only rust spots.I pulled a bed liner out and cleaned a good 50 pounds of dirt out of the bed.

I figure to make this a fun hot rod for some kid down the road. Until then, once I debug it, I'll use it for a work truck before I retire.

OP
OP
grouch

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hell, the least you could have done is supply some pics, for crimeny sakes!

I swear, you guys would gripe if they hanged you with a new itchy rope. Decent light when I got home so I snapped some shots. I washed it when I got home and cleaned about 50 pounds of junk and mud off and out of it. The tailgate is off for repair to the latch and the bed liner is out as I don't know if I want to reuse it.

IMG-1057.jpg IMG-1056.jpg

The system says the side and rear photos are too large. I need to pull the transmission as it has a bad throw out bearing. I'm tempted to pull the engine with it and see if I can find an SB400 or even a stroker 383. Not all cranks are machines for a pilot shaft on a manual transmission though.

OP
OP
grouch

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442