New to me 2018 Yukon SLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken only the dealer can make a key copy.

Looks great! Welcome home!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just purchased:

View attachment 269677

First order of business, need to get a duplicate hard key and maybe a new fob. Only came with one set. Is the key something I can get made on the spot at say home depot or do I need to order a blank?

Nice Yukon Bill!

Home Depot never make a good key for me for anything. At least in my neck of the woods. I had the dealer do a extra key.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with Gary. Never really had good luck with Home Depot and keys. Therefore I’m glad to pay a few bucks extra over their price and make my keys at a local locksmith. Imdon’t see a reason why a locksmith couldn’t do it. Worth at least a check.

OP
OP
C

captain

Reaction score
If CPO it use to be Chevys policy as part of the CPO inspection they would provide two keys and FOBs
Thanks for that. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow. They definitely tried to sell me a key replacement warranty service add on.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow. They definitely tried to sell me a key replacement warranty service add on.

No?!?! Say it isn’t so. A dealership tried to do that...? Whaa?

Congrats on the purchase. Satin Steel Metallic? Really like that color.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just purchased:

View attachment 269677

First order of business, need to get a duplicate hard key and maybe a new fob. Only came with one set. Is the key something I can get made on the spot at say home depot or do I need to order a blank?

Contact your local locksmith first. I obtained a second fob and key at my local locksmith, and he programmed it to my truck while I was there. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes, and it was much cheaper than the dealer.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased:

View attachment 269677

I bought one of these and got the hard key cut at a locksmith for $25

It’s not OEM but it works great and it’s a back up

you can also program yourself without any tools. There’s a slot in the center consol for programming fobs
F8C5153F-D6FA-4F34-B632-45B96037CA3D.png