New to me 2009 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, finally picked up a yukon. its an 09 (no afm!) denali awd with 89k miles. in really good shape for its age. had a gmc dealer go through it pruor to purchase, everything was great. new pads and rotors front and back, new tires, black interior with dual dvd players in the headrest. very nice rig. only thing i dont like right now is it has the denali wheels in 22, not 20s like i thought they were. sucks on the backroads we drive on. will be ordering a set of 18" wheels and tires soon. couple questuons if you guys dont mind:
1. what is a ballpark asking price for the 4 22 wheels and tires (cheaper nankang street tires - new though) and one wheel is peeling pretty bad, the others are pretty nice condition
2. on nice roads, this thing rides pike a dream. but back rougher roads...not so much. now a lot is the wheels, i know but this has a lot of body roll. expensive to address this? any good aftermarket sway bar?
3. there is this one bump at a section of road where the bump is across the whole road. in ky. truck its one bump as you go over it. i went over it twice in the denali and when you hit the bump you feel it bump like 4 or 5 times. is the suspension doing something here? my wife in the passenger seat said dhe only felt one bump. i felt 3 to 5 bumps driving....

i love how smooth the power is. a tune would really wake her up.
View attachment 230740

Nice looking ride! Check the rubber links on the ends of the swaybar up front and out back. There are 4 rubber bushings per side and at this age, they wear out and fall off. Get a Tech-2 so you can work on it properly as well.

18x8 wheels run a 265-65-18 tire. The 20x8.5s run a 275-55-20 tire. That wheel you have also came in a 20, which one of our members here might still have for sale if you are interested.

OP
OP
14RamHemiSport

14RamHemiSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking ride! Check the rubber links on the ends of the swaybar up front and out back. There are 4 rubber bushings per side and at this age, they wear out and fall off. Get a Tech-2 so you can work on it properly as well.

18x8 wheels run a 265-65-18 tire. The 20x8.5s run a 275-55-20 tire. That wheel you have also came in a 20, which one of our members here might still have for sale if you are interested.

thank you. so far we love it. i read about the tech2. will start saving for that as well. man shopping for wheels is a pita, esp trying to stay on budget. there are a million different ones. found one i like. never heard of them before. v-rock is the brand. terrain is the model. they are 18x9.5 with 0mm offset. found a good price on a set of 4 falken wildpeak at3 tires in 265/60/18 (.5" less sidewall than 65). any issues clearing this set up with stock suspension?
81Nz6yXn-wL._SX425_.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you. so far we love it. i read about the tech2. will start saving for that as well. man shopping for wheels is a pita, esp trying to stay on budget. there are a million different ones. found one i like. never heard of them before. v-rock is the brand. terrain is the model. they are 18x9.5 with 0mm offset. found a good price on a set of 4 falken wildpeak at3 tires in 265/60/18 (.5" less sidewall than 65). any issues clearing this set up with stock suspension?
View attachment 230838

Not sure about clearnace, that's 1/2 an inch wider than the stock 22 inch wheels. One can often find factory or factory accessory wheels on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, etc. for cheap.

To best answer this question, I suggest making a new thread and lots more people will take a gander.

OP
OP
14RamHemiSport

14RamHemiSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about clearnace, that's 1/2 an inch wider than the stock 22 inch wheels. One can often find factory or factory accessory wheels on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, etc. for cheap.

To best answer this question, I suggest making a new thread and lots more people will take a gander.

Ill do that. i will look around at 1500 series truck forums with wheel topics. I would assume the 1500 trucks and tahoe/yukons all share the same wheel well size / clearance. There are some factory wheels that i do like, but the problem im into is that i need some good tires for winter. If i just needed something for summer, picking up a used set would be fine. But by the time i buy a used set and pay to get them taken off, new tires put on etc, im not really that far ahead also figuring in that the wheels are used and who really knows if there are any problems with them (bent etc). A brand new set of those i referenced are $630. Pretty good deal. plus i can buy this one set, get them shipped free mounted and balanced and install myself. then from there on out its just rotations until i need new tires.

thanks for your input.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill do that. i will look around at 1500 series truck forums with wheel topics. I would assume the 1500 trucks and tahoe/yukons all share the same wheel well size / clearance. There are some factory wheels that i do like, but the problem im into is that i need some good tires for winter. If i just needed something for summer, picking up a used set would be fine. But by the time i buy a used set and pay to get them taken off, new tires put on etc, im not really that far ahead also figuring in that the wheels are used and who really knows if there are any problems with them (bent etc). A brand new set of those i referenced are $630. Pretty good deal. plus i can buy this one set, get them shipped free mounted and balanced and install myself. then from there on out its just rotations until i need new tires.

thanks for your input.

Don't forget the TPMS sensors! That is a low price, make sure they are up to the task, that their load capacity meets your maximum axle specs as you do not want to break a wheel, usually up to 2,100 pounds per tire.

This one is similar with more spokes:

Wheel - 19300991.jpg

OP
OP
14RamHemiSport

14RamHemiSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the TPMS sensors! That is a low price, make sure they are up to the task, that their load capacity meets your maximum axle specs as you do not want to break a wheel, usually up to 2,100 pounds per tire.

This one is similar with more spokes:

View attachment 230846

Custom offsets lists them having a 2500 load rating. Yeah i will be doing tpms and lugs. There are actually quite a few pics on custom offsetts of people with these vrock wheels. Apparently more popular than i thought. I really like the deep dish look on trucks, but IMO on the yukon/tahoes the deep dish just doesnt look right to me unless its lifted.

OP
OP
14RamHemiSport

14RamHemiSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score

one site asks if i want to buy hub centric rings...any need?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman