New to me 08 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, just picked up this 08 yukon denali for $6500. Has 222k, mostly highway miles. Excellent carfax service history and trans was replaced at 150k.

Plans Right Away:
  • Replace all 4 tires - has a sidewall cut in one.
  • Replace front struts and sway bar Bushings - original units, rides like crap
  • Replace radiator and water pump - original as well, want to do before it leaks
Future Plans:
  • MBRP catback exhaust
  • Airaid MIT intake
  • New headunit

Welcome Dustin, that's a nice looking ride. Interior looks really clean too. If you plan on doing your own work on it, get a Tech-2 or equivalent. What color is that?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this failure common?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I certainly hope not. Only one I’ve seen like that. Usually it’s just the airbags wadded up or not attached.

OP
OP
C

camarolvr11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome Dustin, that's a nice looking ride. Interior looks really clean too. If you plan on doing your own work on it, get a Tech-2 or equivalent. What color is that?

I thought about getting a tech2, do most people just buy used ones on ebay?

And I'm not sure the official color name but its like a blueish gray, but more towards the blue side.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about getting a tech2, do most people just buy used ones on ebay?

And I'm not sure the official color name but its like a blueish gray, but more towards the blue side.
if you can find a used one on ebay for less than $300 it might be worth a shot a new clone on ebay or china car diags run about $300
def worth the investment it will pay for it's self over time, a trip to the dealer for a scan is basically a $100 dollar bill so each time you do it yourself that's a 100 back in your pocket.
plus the tech2 will generally tell you right off the bat what the problem is, the off the shelf scanners will not do that they may give you the code but not the ability to troubleshoot and narrow it down to a specific problem. With the tech2 you can test all the modules for functionality just like the dealer and you can re-program modules or replacements yourself with a computer and a flat fee of $40 for 2 years subscription (the sub is only required if you need to program a module) it's not required for any other reason.

OP
OP
C

camarolvr11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you can find a used one on ebay for less than $300 it might be worth a shot a new clone on ebay or china car diags run about $300
def worth the investment it will pay for it's self over time, a trip to the dealer for a scan is basically a $100 dollar bill so each time you do it yourself that's a 100 back in your pocket.
plus the tech2 will generally tell you right off the bat what the problem is, the off the shelf scanners will not do that they may give you the code but not the ability to troubleshoot and narrow it down to a specific problem. With the tech2 you can test all the modules for functionality just like the dealer and you can re-program modules or replacements yourself with a computer and a flat fee of $40 for 2 years subscription (the sub is only required if you need to program a module) it's not required for any other reason.

How do you find the clones? Do you just search for tech 2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972