New to forum - 2014 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CiscoKid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. Back in 2015 I purchased a lightly used 2014 Yukon XL. It currently has 78,000 miles on it and has been a pretty good vehicle. Nothing fancy - just an SLT package. I had some electrical gremlins a few years ago, but replacing the negative battery cable cured them. I seem to get roughly 17 mpg combined highway and city. I am remarkably pleased at just how evenly the front tires wear on this vehicle. Every time I think of rotating them (Michelin LTX M&S) I find that the fronts are completely without edge wear. I change the oil every 5,000 miles and use Mobil 1 with Wix filters.

I joined this forum for two main reasons. First, I realize that as the vehicle ages it might start to need some repairs. Second, I am leery of the fact that it shuts cylinders off and am possibly interested in one of those gadgets that can do away with such frivolities. Simpler is better in my mind.

I look forward to learning tips and tricks on these vehicles from you good people here.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

I have the same Michelin LTX tires and really prefer them to anything else. I also change out the oil every 5K miles with Mobil 1.

Nice find on your low mileage 2014 XL Yukon!

OP
OP
C

CiscoKid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. It only had 5,500 on it when I bought it. We've put the last 70,000 on it. No towing. We took the third row seats out and my wife used it to haul stuff to farmer's markets. When she gets a new one, it will come to me and I will use it to go to the golf course and back. I always get the hand me downs and she always drives the newer stuff. It really looks about as good today as when we bought it. It's silver with cream colored leather seats.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I also have the Michelin Defender LTX tires, and I see the same thing, each time that I consider rotating them.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. Back in 2015 I purchased a lightly used 2014 Yukon XL. It currently has 78,000 miles on it and has been a pretty good vehicle. Nothing fancy - just an SLT package. I had some electrical gremlins a few years ago, but replacing the negative battery cable cured them. I seem to get roughly 17 mpg combined highway and city. I am remarkably pleased at just how evenly the front tires wear on this vehicle. Every time I think of rotating them (Michelin LTX M&S) I find that the fronts are completely without edge wear. I change the oil every 5,000 miles and use Mobil 1 with Wix filters.

I joined this forum for two main reasons. First, I realize that as the vehicle ages it might start to need some repairs. Second, I am leery of the fact that it shuts cylinders off and am possibly interested in one of those gadgets that can do away with such frivolities. Simpler is better in my mind.

I look forward to learning tips and tricks on these vehicles from you good people here.

Welcome! Is it RWD or a 4WD? Have you changed any of the fluids not mentioned yet?

OP
OP
C

CiscoKid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RWD with a single-trak. :thumbsdown: I've never driven it in snow because I know it will not do well. I have a 4 wheel drive crew cab dually (LBZ Duramax/Allison) for the bad weather. Never changed any fluids except engine oil. Since retiring it is seeing less than 5,000 miles a year. Will consider basic tranny service this coming spring.

Edited to add picture of my daily driver.

truck2.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe