New Tires - who's running 44psi ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sticker you appear to be showing looks more like something off a 2500 or 3500 heavy duty truck. What vehicle and tires do you have? My new Denali has a door recommended pressure of 36 psi and the factory tires have a max pressure of 44 psi. Something doesn’t add up unless you are on the wrong forum…

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running the Michelin’s Ltx ms in the factory 22” size at 37 psi cold. When running at highway speeds for 2 hrs my tire pressure went up to 41-42 psi. The ride is way rougher and transmitted a vibration into the steering wheel while traveling at 75 mph. I lowered the cold psi to 35 and now the top psi is 39 . The ride is much better with virtually no vibration into the steering wheel

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The maximum inflation for most Load Range E tires is 80 psi, so running at that pressure is just fine. You can go lower for a nicer ride if you are not towing.

Thanks, Swathdiver. I knew that ;)

My post was prompted by previous posts that claimed the max tire pressure was ONLY as a limit to be used when mounting a tire, and at least suggested that a tire should never be operated at that pressure. My example, at least on the face of it appears to blow that argument out of the water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442