New Tires Soon, Gauging Interest in Other Brands

Which Tire?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Michelin's.....I had Yokohama Geolanders and lasted 1/2 of the estimated tread life, but Yokohama does not warranty the wear after 4 years. ALSO the tread rubber 'hardens' after long ' well-maintained' use..... they were sketchy in the wet, even though the tread still looked good ( but a little worn).
Check out 'Discount Tire'.... they have a pretty good discount on Michelin about every 3 months.

I got the 17" tires for about $870.00 because, THEY warrantied the Yokohamas at $51.00 each, themselves!!
So, figure about $1,250.00 for a set. if you also replace the TPMS.
( I went cheap before and only had the sensors "rebuild kit" but not a good idea.)

Reaction score
A lot of places are having sales on many brands right now for black Friday.

I just ordered some Michelin Defenders from Costco with a $150 instant rebate available through the 28th. Set of 4 installed is $998

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FUNNY ANECDOTE:

I picked up a set of 17" Hummer H2 wheels and 315/70R17 tires... I'm currently running 275/70R18 on my truck; the tires may stick out as much as 10mm. This means the 315s will stick out WAY far!

I plan to test fit, just because I think it would be funny, but I can't imagine how to keep them from rubbing without a lift of some sort -- which I have no interest in. If I do test fit them, I'll try to get a picture so y'all can have a laugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts