New tire time coming soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone! Also, additional thanks to those that provided links. I focused on this forum for tire recommendations due to GM using only AWD transfer cases in the Denalis from '07-'14. Didn't GM go back to 2-speed t-cases in the '15+ Yukons, Tahoes, Suburbans, and Escalades? My cousin bought a '17 or '18 Escalade, and it has a 2-speed t-case. It seems as though most of the newest body style vehicles I've seen are 2-speeds. Did GM have issues with the AWD t-cases?

Most of the recommendations for all terrain tires appear to be from those of you with 2-speed t-cases, while the all season recommendations are from a mix of AWD and 2-speed owners. I tend to lean towards all terrain tires because most of the vehicles I've owned have been part-time 4WD systems, but the Falcon is my first AWD system, and every AWD vehicle I've seen has all season tires on it.

From everything I've read so far, I think I might be leaning towards the Michelin Defender. I've used Michelin before and had very good performance and wear from them. Thanks, again, everyone!
I’m late to this thread.... lol. And I see you got new tires! They look awesome! Love the look of those on the Denali.
Just for the record I was speaking about my all terrain tire experience and my Denali, though the previous generation than yours, has AWD like yours without a 2 speed transfer case, no 4HI or 4LO, just full time AWD. That being said I’ve never had any problems running all terrains and my AWD. I just follow the same size and tread pattern on all four tires. And rotate religiously so they all wear the same. Lol. If you do the same you should be good to go!

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m late to this thread.... lol. And I see you got new tires! They look awesome! Love the look of those on the Denali.

Thanks, Chase. They definitely look better than the Goodyears that were on it. I don't know if it's the sidewall construction, but these tires seem to be a little wider than the previous tires. I'm getting a little rubbing on the inner fender liner at full, left lock; that could be from the worn out frontend components, though.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Chase. They definitely look better than the Goodyears that were on it. I don't know if it's the sidewall construction, but these tires seem to be a little wider than the previous tires. I'm getting a little rubbing on the inner fender liner at full, left lock; that could be from the worn out frontend components, though.
Seems like they are a bit wider due to tread pattern and sidewall construction. I’ve seen that happen going to all terrain tires before. Like you said front end components could contribute as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518